Lunar Clubman Se

tetra

We are thinking of buying a new Lunar Clubman SE after five years of more problems than there is space to detail re our Bailey Pageant Vendee series 5 - has any one had any problems?

Tetra

I have a Lunar Clubman ES.

No major problems, two minor problems, soon sorted by dealer.

Plenty of toys, atc,tracker additional extra was an onboard water tank.

No problems with wheel bolts, although after CT members experiences, I now check torque before each trip.

Alde heating works well, our pump is in the wardrobe so nice and quiet.

Fridge, cooker, microwave all work well and no troubles except for cooker when the cooling fan dropped off. One of the minor problems sorted by the dealer.

Overall a comfortable and cosy van, glad we bought one and intend to keep it for a long time.

Brian

Hi,

We have a clubman E. S. so far we have had the following,- Whole new back panel, new window blind,fridge deflector plate fitted (they missed it out at factory ), bed slats giving way,cocktail cabinet door insert pops out, entrance door will not shut properly,last trip away woke to find ( after showers in the night ) water running down the wall from under the small side widow ( leaking roof/front panel it would seem, stopped after covering with tape-- now have to put up with leaky lunar jokes ) radio that switches itself on -- at 5 A. M. !! all this on a 2011 model, 9 months old -dealers workshop can not keep up ! we went today to view the coachman amara 520/4 thinking of changing bit fed up with Lunar, and yes we have had many moons ago a coachman 520/4.

regards david 1220

We have the Lunar Clubman SE at the moment not had any major problems apart from the shower splitting, see related post on this forum and PC forum, one Blind changed and just few niggles all done under warranty. We are about to change to a Unicorn Madrid due to the fact the wife can't get on with the fixed bed and small lounge of the SE, l myself like it, tows well and looks well, but did the daft thing last month called in at the dealers to get some Aqua Chem, wife dissappeared found her lounging in the Bailey Unicorn Madrid the rests History, oh! and slightly worse bank balance, wouldn't mind but the Lunar is only 18 months old. Still you have to please them that have to be obeyed.

NigelH

thanks for this sounds a bit like it is the luck of the draw from some lunar owners experiences -may have to re-think re next van; we had have had enough problems with our Bailey to last us a lifetime

cheers

Tetra

Hi,

Further to our post above,--- went to the dealers today and bought a coachman amara, just had enough with the Lunar, great design, just poor workmanship. dealer is re- sealing van ( 9 months old, still under warranty ) he as the supplying dealer is aware of the vans problems( sorted --- for now ) just waiting for email confirm delivery date.

regards david 1220

Was at my dealers Friday finalising some details over the Madrid looked at the new Coachman looks an exact copy of the Swift, Sales guy told me Coachman had a lot of problems with water ingress last couple of years hence new restyling, must be first for coachman normally well conservative.

NigelH

Was at my dealers Friday finalising some details over the Madrid looked at the new Coachman looks an exact copy of the Swift, Sales guy told me Coachman had a lot of problems with water ingress last couple of years hence new restyling, must be first for coachman normally well conservative.

NigelH

I've only seen the new CM in the CC mag, but have to say they look uglier than a Valencia, a very very poor copy of a swift, which i think looks quite good.

Shame the Swift is still a "old build".

Edited by xtrailman

One thing l have to say the Lunar still looks the better looking van will sorry to see it go but hope we have the same enjoyment in the Madrid that the Clubman SE has given us. l could have gone for the ES but didn't like the idea of emptying the toilet in the awning space as the toilet is on the nearside, plus l thought their was more storage space in the Madrid but the Clubman as an external sat socket, something Baileys will have to address. Shall be saying goodby to the Lunar forum, have no bad things to say about the Lunar have had a few niggles but all in all a lovely van.

NigelH

Ps will miss the outside shower to wash the dogs off, another one Bailey needs to look at if it wants to be up their with the top of the rage models.

Edited by Nidge4

One thing l have to say the Lunar still looks the better looking van will sorry to see it go but hope we have the same enjoyment in the Madrid that the Clubman SE has given us. l could have gone for the ES but didn't like the idea of emptying the toilet in the awning space as the toilet is on the nearside, plus l thought their was more storage space in the Madrid but the Clubman as an external sat socket, something Baileys will have to address. Shall be saying goodby to the Lunar forum, have no bad things to say about the Lunar have had a few niggles but all in all a lovely van.

NigelH

Ps will miss the outside shower to wash the dogs off, another one Bailey needs to look at if it wants to be up their with the top of the rage models.

Just been reading the 2012 Lunar brochure which states "offside toilets in all vans,no emptying of toilet via awning side"

NigelH

I agree with the outside shower, had one on the 2004 senator, don't have a dog, but found it useful for washing the aquarol prior to packing.

Hi folks,

You are missing something ! Its good to have the toilet on the N/S ( in the awning ) dont have to fiddle round with the waste tank in the rain ( provided the awning's up ! )

cheers david 1220

Good point all, never thought about getting wet, still made my decision will have to standby it, will have to look into the 2012 ES to see if its got the toilet cassette on the off side.

nigelH

Good point all, never thought about getting wet, still made my decision will have to standby it, will have to look into the 2012 ES to see if its got the toilet cassette on the off side.

nigelH

A previously stated the 2012 brochure says they all have.

• 4 weeks later...

NigelH

do you have to open a tap to operate the dog wash?.