Altea 542 Dt 2010 - Ultraheat + Tv Aerial

gipsymagpie

I've just got an Adria 542 DT 2010 and I see it does not have the Ultraheat fitted to its Trumatic heater. Has anyone fitted one of these themselves?

Second question, with the stock van and no roof mounted TV aerial, is there an external socket to plug a mast mounted aerial into?

Cheers

GW

Hi,

The Ultraheat is not fitted as standard but it's straight forward to retro fit. I purchased one from a breaker and fitted it in around an hour. The control switch was fitted on the side panel by the front seating area, along with an extra 230v socket outlet, so the heater was easily adjusted at night. I also added a temperature sensor from ARC systems which gives better temperature regulation. You dont need to remove the gas fire as all can be done from behind once you remove the wardrobe floor and with the fire front removed. Fused spur fitted alongside the mains fuse box.

As for the aerial, you should find the cable from the aerial socket in the bottom of the wardrobe once you remove the floor as above, no external socket fitted as standard. The roof of the wardrobe is marked where an external aerial can be fitted. I fitted a double external socket, sat and tv, to the floor of the caravan below the wardrobe with the cables coming up into the bottom of the wardrobe and wired the tv into an amp fitted again in the wardrobe above the removable floor level.

Regards,

Kevin.

Edited by KDL

yes, I have fitted the ultraheat to my 542dt. It can be done in a couple of hours. You can buy a kit with the all the bits inc control panel for around £175. The generic instructions instruct you to remove the fire inc gas conections and flue but this is not required with thee DT as this is only if you can't get access to the back of the fire. Inthe Adria you can lift up the wardrobe floor and fit it in situte. You have to be fairly confident with electrics as you have to connect 3 wires to the consumer unit(in the wardrobe) but these are only screw terminals(like wiring a plug). You also need to cut a hole for the control panel but . I was involved in another thread detailing how to fit it. Google "Adding Truma Ultraheat To Truma 3002 Heater". If you are good at DIY then it is quite straight forward but if in doubt use a dealer to fit it.

The Aerial cable that is connected to the TV socket in the van terminates also under the wardrobe floor (so it can easily be conected to a roof mounted aerial in the wardrobe) but i prefered an external aerial on a pole. A good quantity of cable is coiled up and tie wrapped under the wardrope floor. In mine i fed it to the battery box by feeding it behind the fridge and mounted an aerial socket in the battery box and the lead comes out of the same cut out that the EHU uses. It was a very neat job.

Hi,

The Ultraheat is not fitted as standard but it's straight forward to retro fit. I purchased one from a breaker and fitted it in around an hour. The control switch was fitted on the side panel by the front seating area, along with an extra 230v socket outlet, so the heater was easily adjusted at night. I also added a temperature sensor from ARC systems which gives better temperature regulation. You dont need to remove the gas fire as all can be done from behind once you remove the wardrobe floor and with the fire front removed. Fused spur fitted alongside the mains fuse box.

As for the aerial, you should find the cable from the aerial socket in the bottom of the wardrobe once you remove the floor as above, no external socket fitted as standard. The roof of the wardrobe is marked where an external aerial can be fitted. I fitted a double external socket, sat and tv, to the floor of the caravan below the wardrobe with the cables coming up into the bottom of the wardrobe and wired the tv into an amp fitted again in the wardrobe above the removable floor level.

Regards,

Kevin.

You pipped me to it! Yes you should use a fused spur in the wardrobe.( It took me too long to type)

Edited by wizzo

• 2 weeks later...

You pipped me to it! Yes you should use a fused spur in the wardrobe.( It took me too long to type)

Sorry what do you mean fused spur? Looking at the consumer unit, it's got 2 seperate bits (fridge and lighting i think). I think I will go with the socket in the battery box option. ..did you just have a free female socket or a mounted one? Just screwed into the battery box itself I suppose.

Sorry what do you mean fused spur?

The fused spur was for the Ultraheat, not the aerial.

You can go for either for the aerial female socket, either a female socket on the end of the cable or a surface mounted socket like this if you want it to look neater. Personally I would just go for a socket on the end of the cable, does the job and cheaper to buy (I don't work for maplins, just handy for pictures :), buy from most DIY outlets).

Regards,

Kevin.

The fused spur was for the Ultraheat, not the aerial.

You can go for either for the aerial female socket, either a female socket on the end of the cable or a surface mounted socket like this if you want it to look neater. Personally I would just go for a socket on the end of the cable, does the job and cheaper to buy (I don't work for maplins, just handy for pictures :), buy from most DIY outlets).

Regards,

Kevin.

I used a flush mounded mini socket,but I can't find and links. I would use the ones suggested as it is protected inside the locker. You can get them of ebay for a couple of pounds. They are not that substantial but do the job.

http://www. ebay. co. u. ..=item45fb78b1dd

The fused spur that i used was a service mounted one such as this

http://www. ebay. co. u. ..=item4cfa902227

I mounted along side the consumer unit and took the feed from the 10A fuse in the consumer unit and connected the trumaheat to the fused spur. I mounted it in

http://www. ebay. co. u. ..=item3a4f00b22c

but if you have to ask what one is then it may be best left to a workshop.

Edited by wizzo