Access To Audio Speakers

JGC

I can hear a vibration from the front right speaker when playing a CD, will I have to remove the corner light cover to get at it for inspection? :unsure:

JGC

If your speakers are the same as mine, you just ease the grill off, it's held by a non-setting black gel. Once off there will be 4 screws to remove to drop it down. I expect a cable is making contact with the speaker cone. Should be a relatively simple job? ;)

Thanks Seaman I will give that a try, it's only simple when you know how. LOL :D

Mine made a vibrating type noise when I blew one of my speakers removal was easy enough as previously stated, try swapping the speakers over also if you want to rule out the stereos amp. Replacement speakers are just off the shelf car type speakers.

On my Bailey the speaker backs are accessible from the holes in the top front lockers, if something has fallen in from the locker it could be the cause of the vibration. Worth looking at before you strip everything down.

I removed the speaker which was vibrating and found these two pieces of wooden laminate sitting inside the speaker cone.

It looks as if the fitters did not clean up properly after drilling the holes to house the speakers, the bits were probably floating about in there just waiting to drop into a speaker.

The sound is fine now, I checked the other speaker to see if that one was clean.

JGC

post-40059-0-22360900-1316791560_thumb.jpg

I had one of my speakers fail completely, dealer ordered one for me, came next day, as you say easy to change. :)

Mick