Camping Cheques For Sale

ValA

On another forum someone is selling five Camping Cheques, which expire at the end of 2011, for £35. 00. If anyone is on their way to Spain for the winter, and planning on staying on Camping Cheque sites, then £7. 00 a night has to be a bargain.

PM me, with your email address, and i'll pass on the details. ..!

hi how do i pm ? thanks claydigger

Click on Val's name top left of her post and this should bring up her profile. Then along the top of the profile is a button which says 'send me a message'

David

David - Milton Keynes

Bailey Alliance 66-2 Motorhome for holidays and a Kia Venga for home.

Caravan Travels

Hi Val A.

Don't forget we are all relying on you for the Norfolkline discount code in a few weeks!!!

Thanks

Andrew

Me too! I've just been looking at ferry prices and waiting for the discounts to start appearing. Mind you, we did get a bit fed up with Norfolk Lines this time, on our way out (without caravan). Our ferry was at 8. 00 am, and didn't leave until about twenty-past, and then it took an hour to disembark and get out of the port - so it was 12. 25 (French time) by the time we got to the A16! That seriously threw out our timings! The ferry wasn't even full but there were loads of lorries and just a solid queue all the way out of the port until the autoroute roundabout. Coming back at 2. 00 pm, we loaded quickly and set off on time, but it still took two and a half-hours until we got into Dover. Unloading then took about half an hour, but to be fair most of the delay that time was due to insensitive drivers not coming back to their cars straight away. Mind you, perhaps they expected there to be the usual Norfolk Lines delays in opening the doors!

We're looking at P and O, and even Eurotunnel for our next trip, as without the caravan you don't benefit as much from the Norfolk Lines discounts, and for us, now, the length of time taken is as important as the price!

val, you've hit the nail on the head with norfolk lines, we found the exact same thing and now we're starting to think about next may/june are seriously looking into alternative ways to cross the channel. cheapest so far seems to be P & O at £150.

does anyone know if P & O or the tunnel give out any discount codes at the show? if they do, and if anyone's going, will you put them on the forum in the way val has for norfolk lines so we can all take advantage of them please. merci :)

None of the others have given discount codes at the show in the past! Perhaps they might start this year if they're losing a lot of business to DFDS/Norfolk Lines. Let's hope so, otherwise we're probably in for an expensive crossing!

We found that going out and coming back earlier this month we were delayed half an hour each way. We were late back to our car too, along with a lot of other people, holding everyone up but that was because of a problem DFDS were having and they just didn't open the stairways. ..I think they were searching for someone - stowaways?

I seem to recall that in the days of Sally Line Dover Dunkirk was an hour and forty minutes but if it's going to be two and a half hours on a regular basis it makes it a much less appealing prospect.

val, you've hit the nail on the head with norfolk lines, we found the exact same thing and now we're starting to think about next may/june are seriously looking into alternative ways to cross the channel. cheapest so far seems to be P & O at £150.

does anyone know if P & O or the tunnel give out any discount codes at the show? if they do, and if anyone's going, will you put them on the forum in the way val has for norfolk lines so we can all take advantage of them please. merci :)

Pete

We use the Tunnel everytime although I am not aware of seeing any discount codes. One reason might be is that it seems that the majority of caravanners and motorhomers who use the Tunnel take advantage of the Tesco Club Card scheme where those of us that have a Tesco credit card acquire points over the year and convert them into Eurotunnel crossing for free. We usually manage 2 trips a year and don't ever pay more than £5/20 for each crossing. Unless you have a credit card that offers specifical rewards elsewhere it might be worth getting a Tesco Credit Card. I should add that we don't shop regularly in Tesco except for fuel but we still mange to get enough points.

David

David

David - Milton Keynes

Caravan Travels

that's a really good price, with tesco points. trouble is, our nearest tesco petrol station is about twelve miles away and we do all our supermarket shopping and diesel buying at asda which is just down the road. great for those like yourself david who can collect the points easily though. i think we would spend what we gain in points, on fuel getting to tesco :)

that's a really good price, with tesco points. trouble is, our nearest tesco petrol station is about twelve miles away and we do all our supermarket shopping and diesel buying at asda which is just down the road. great for those like yourself david who can collect the points easily though. i think we would spend what we gain in points, on fuel getting to tesco :)

If you use a Tesco Credit Card you get a 1/2 point for each £1 spent on it wherever you use it.

Dave

Pete

We use the Tunnel everytime although I am not aware of seeing any discount codes. One reason might be is that it seems that the majority of caravanners and motorhomers who use the Tunnel take advantage of the Tesco Club Card scheme where those of us that have a Tesco credit card acquire points over the year and convert them into Eurotunnel crossing for free. We usually manage 2 trips a year and don't ever pay more than £5/20 for each crossing. Unless you have a credit card that offers specifical rewards elsewhere it might be worth getting a Tesco Credit Card. I should add that we don't shop regularly in Tesco except for fuel but we still mange to get enough points.

David

David

As you david and many others we also use the Tesco points, Had three crossings last year and cost us about thirty pounds. Packed Norfolk in many years back as it did not suit our travel plans and the Shuttle is simply so easy.

When you talk about Tesco points do you mean clubcard points? Am I right in assuming that using a Tesco Credit card gives you clubcard points? If so how many clubcard points can you use against a EuroTunnel crossing?

Thanks

Pete

My point was you don't have to use the card in Tesco to acquire the points its what ever you spend on the card as Dave above has said. Every 100 points equals £1 and this is multiplied by 3 for use in buying a Eurotunnel ticket. I rarely spend cash or use my bank card to pay for things and 95% goes on the Tesco card, but paid off every month. Its surprising how much it adds up. For a £200 crossing on the Tunnel you need about £65 in Club Card points which when converted to ( X3) Eurotunnel vouchers Equals £195. I hope that makes sense!!! Obviously shopping in Tesco, which we don't do often, builds up points even quicker as they do double points on instore purchases plus a point for every £1 spent on the credit card instore.

David

David - Milton Keynes

Caravan Travels

When you talk about Tesco points do you mean clubcard points? Am I right in assuming that using a Tesco Credit card gives you clubcard points? If so how many clubcard points can you use against a EuroTunnel crossing?

Thanks

Yes a tesco credit card gives you 1/2 point for every £1 spent on it.

You can pay the full Eurotunnel cost in Tesco vouchers, 3 times face value of the points awarded, but they do have to be exchanged for vouchers prior to making the booking.

Pete