Popped Into A Dealer Today For A Browse...

timelordsuk

I should have known better. ... have an hour to kill and popped into our local dealer for a look at the new vans. .. despite being very happy with My pageant S6 provence. Don't know how it happened. .. but ended up ordering a Pegasus S2 Ancona.

Two Questions now. ...

1) My current Isabella is size 1000 and the new rail needs a 1050. ... is this a reasonable size to extend. .. ?

2) In the brochure it says that the alko wheel lock is included. .. however the dealer seemed to think that was just the receiver and I would have to purchase the lock as an option (can't find it as an option in the brochure. ..) Can anyone on here who has purchases a Pegasus S2 tell me what the case is here?

Thanks in advance !!

Can't help with the awning. With regard to the wheel lock, we picked up our Pegasus verona at end of July and it DID Come with both the receiver and lock. As some have said, not the easiest to fit, but with practice have even managed in on storage on a slope.

If you have a look at the Peg2 brochure it says it does come with Alko Wheel Lock/s so I would tell the dealer it does and expect it there on delivery.

http://www. bailey-ca. ..chure_FINAL. pdf

Copied from brochure

outside

AL-KO galvanised steel chassis, axle, braking system and running gear | 14” Alloy wheels with bespoke caravan tyres | AL-KO chassis mounted spare wheel

carrier and spare wheel (steel spare wheel) | AL-KO ATC Trailer Control System | AL-KO AKS 3004 stabiliser | AL-KO shock absorbers | AL-KO Secure

wheel lock (two for twin axle models) | Polyclassic double glazed windows through out | Horrex pleated flyscreens and blinds to all side and rear windows

| Retractable flyscreens and blinds to all front windows and roof lights | Large aperture two part Hartal exterior door | Full length Horrex pleated door

flyscreen | Dedicated gas bottle, battery, toilet cassette, storage compartments with exterior access doors | Status 530 directional television aerial |

Exterior 230v socket | Exterior gas BBQ point | Full size Heki II rooflight located over front saloon | Mini Heki rooflight located over kitchen area | Midi

Heki rooflight located over rear bedroom (model specific)

Edited by dave11a

I should have known better. ... have an hour to kill and popped into our local dealer for a look at the new vans. .. despite being very happy with My pageant S6 provence. Don't know how it happened. .. but ended up ordering a Pegasus S2 Ancona.

Thats great! We did similar in July, but we were looking to get a lightweight dining set and walked out an hour later having ordered a Pegasus S2 Genoa. The caravan is very nice indeed, we are very pleased with it.

I had Isabella extend an awning from 950 to 1000 cm several years ago and they made a excellent job of it; I recall it was circa £150 with carriage.

In the end it fitted the second van better than the first but that might be more to do with the corner radii of the van.

In your case it will enable them to get the "right" beading for the Alutech.

I had an awning exteded by 300mm to fit new van and it is great, fits better than it did on older van (probably same reason as JTQ) A company in Newmarket Suffolk did mine and it was excellent http://grawnings. co. uk/

Good point about the right beading for the 'Alutech' vans as I believe they are a different diameter, so get it done at same time.

50 cms quite do-able! Check the beading; we needed replacement for use with our Pegasus new last year. Loving the Bailey after years of Abbey (sadly no more!)

Having been researching awnings quite a lot recently I have it from two dealers that Isabella will alter their awnings by up to two sizes up or down for a fixed price of £275 including carriage. Worth knowing if a second-hand bargain comes along that isn't quite the correct size :)

Edited by RobOwen

That's the best way to buy a van, we do the same with cars, in fact we just have and the new one arrives in a week or so. Got tickets for the NEC show next month but I think there's little chance of changing the van as well!

That's the best way to buy a van, we do the same with cars, in fact we just have and the new one arrives in a week or so. Got tickets for the NEC show next month but I think there's little chance of changing the van as well!

Better send me the tickets then . .. just to play safe!!