Wanted - Soft Start

Jaydug

My recently acquired Avondale is fitted with a Truma Euro mover. I keep the van parked close alongside the house and now that I’ve made up a crossover bar, I’m reasonably happy with it. But the one thing I miss about my previous Powrtouch is the soft start. Press the button and the Truma takes off like a rocket – not good in confined spaces. Is there any method of modifying either the handset or control board so that the initial movement is a little less violent?

Citroen C5-X7 Tourer+Avondale Rialto 480/2
https://jondogoescaravanning.com

I don't believe the remote control has anything to do with this - I suspect there is a timing circuit in the internal control box which ramps up the voltage to the motors in a controlled way. Difficult retro-fit. ...

Perhaps a Reich or other control box could be substituted as I can't imagine there's any significant difference in the connections to the motor.

I must admit the soft start is a great feature on the Reich and is fantastic for hitching up.

I must admit the soft start is a great feature on the Reich and is fantastic for hitching up.

Good solution suggested if the OP can get the parts. A new handset would also be required and at £60+ might be a drawback. :(

Ford C-Max and Coachman Festival 380/2 SE 2006    Motto  Carpe Diem

Still trying to find the perfect pitch. ..110 amp Battery+ 65 watt roof mounted Solar and 25 watt Wind Turbine. LED lighting. Status Aerial 315. Loose chattels marked with UV,. Safefill Gas Fitted.

Just an update on my Truma's lack of soft start. I saw on ebay an offer for a soft start control box together with a matching hand control. I decided to go for it and got it for £120. Fitting was easy - just a matter of transfering the six terminal connectors. Works a treat. Need to decide now whether to sell the old one on or keep it in the van as a spare.

Good result and good feedback thank you.

Ford C-Max and Coachman Festival 380/2 SE 2006    Motto  Carpe Diem

Still trying to find the perfect pitch. ..110 amp Battery+ 65 watt roof mounted Solar and 25 watt Wind Turbine. LED lighting. Status Aerial 315. Loose chattels marked with UV,. Safefill Gas Fitted.

Just an update on my Truma's lack of soft start. I saw on ebay an offer for a soft start control box together with a matching hand control. I decided to go for it and got it for £120. Fitting was easy - just a matter of transfering the six terminal connectors. Works a treat. Need to decide now whether to sell the old one on or keep it in the van as a spare.

john well done with the purchase, as far as selling or keeping = as soon as you sell you will need it if you keep it it will just gather dust :lol:, jim

as soon as you sell you will need it if you keep it it will just gather dust :lol:

I know the feeling. I've got a garage and two sheds full of stuff 'that's too good to throw away'