Advise Needed On Damage To Bodywork

VANWALL555

Hi All,

I need some advise if possible.

I've just bought a brand new Coachman three weeks ago and the first time we went away opened the window to discover a deep scratch and decal damaged. The reason for this was the window was adjusted tight up against the body so was rubbing when being towed.

Coachman have kindly offered to take the van back to the factory to carry out the repair which is good because I've have lost all confidence in the Dealer.

My big concern is having a body repair on a brand new van as coachman only warrant the painwork for a year and it's not unknown that after two / three years the repair dulling and becoming obvious.

Has anyone had experience of these repairs and the longevity as I have rights to reject the caravan but don't really want to go through the hassle if I'm worrying about nothing.

Thanks in advance for any advise

Hi All,

I need some advise if possible.

I've just bought a brand new Coachman three weeks ago and the first time we went away opened the window to discover a deep scratch and decal damaged. The reason for this was the window was adjusted tight up against the body so was rubbing when being towed.

Coachman have kindly offered to take the van back to the factory to carry out the repair which is good because I've have lost all confidence in the Dealer.

My big concern is having a body repair on a brand new van as coachman only warrant the painwork for a year and it's not unknown that after two / three years the repair dulling and becoming obvious.

Has anyone had experience of these repairs and the longevity as I have rights to reject the caravan but don't really want to go through the hassle if I'm worrying about nothing.

Thanks in advance for any advise

The repair by Coachman will be good and I would let them do it.

Keep up with the cleaning and polish with a good quality wax say twice a year and forget it and get on with enjoying the van.

Bryan

You will be dealing with Trevor Baxter, I have dealt with him recently after taking my van back for removal and resealing all flush windows, he even went round it and improved the rest of the seals and they carried out a complete system check before I collected it, I found him to be a really genuine guy.

I like you had concerns, as I have had nothing but trouble with mine from new, my latest is a cracked shower corner panel, which is out of warranty by 11 months they would not carry out the repair, so I have got to get it done by PSS at a cost of £366, not happy, but then again I need it done, will ask the repairer if it is manufacture fault or Coachman, if Coachman installation fault then I will be knocking on their door for a refund.

We are due to go on a factory tour next Thursday guided by Trevor, so I will be asking his advice.

Good luck with the rectification work, and as already said, enjoy your van, we are.

Paul

Thanks for your answers and advise, except for the damage the rest of the van is great so I'll go for the repair and as you say get on with enjoying the van.

Cheers,

Roger