Fridge Vent Winter Covers

Ldsundance

I have an electrolux rm212f in my 1993 abi jubilee emperor and wondering if all winter covers/vents are the same size? also do new vents come with new gasgets/seals as mine are crumbling.

No they come in a variety of sizes and colours,

The ones that I have seen have no gaskets or sealing, In fact you wouldn't want them to seal as you still need to allow air to circulate around the heat exchanger you just need to reduce the volume of cold air in the winter to optimise fridge performance.

Gordon W

one off mine got damaged so I tacked In place with a little glue, thought I will just leave It on all the time, lesson learned, the forks, spoons In the small draw over the fridge got so hot you burnt your fingers getting them out, I looked on flee bay and only saw 2 sizes, about £15 each.

I took my vent off and used it to show the caravan shop what Size Colour and Type of Winter covers I needed. (a paper rubbing may be as good)

You sound as if your vents have sealant to prevent water ingress into caravan wall.

If you take yours off and use sealant to put them back it may resolve your problem.

Ford C-Max and Coachman Festival 380/2 SE 2006    Motto  Carpe Diem

Still trying to find the perfect pitch. ..110 amp Battery+ 65 watt roof mounted Solar and 25 watt Wind Turbine. LED lighting. Status Aerial 315. Loose chattels marked with UV,. Safefill Gas Fitted.

Archived