Towball Torque Settings?

Anyone know if there are any standard torque wrench settings for the two bolts that secure a standard towbar please?

2 x M16 bolts torqued dry to 155 lbs/ft or 210 Nm for the towball.

The figures for the towbar will be set by the towcar or towbar manufacturer.

Fourwinds Hurricane 31D Motorhome. Also MGTF135 1. 8i Roadster (fun) & Volvo V70 3.2Ltr LPG (everyday car)
Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan and Motorhome Talk.

2 x M16 bolts torqued dry to 155 lbs/ft or 210 Nm for the towball.

The figures for the towbar will be set by the towcar or towbar manufacturer.

As Gordon says, these are the correct torque settings.

As for you beautiful Landie LeadFarmer, I might just have to take a copy of the photograph to show my big butch 'Blue Louis' who is sat luxuriating in my garage; he is by the way a well loved 300TDi 90 of 1995 vintage who just loves going out to play on the never ending public access woodland tracks surrounding our farm !

Bonne chance

Thanks for the advice,

As Gordon says, these are the correct torque settings.

As for you beautiful Landie LeadFarmer, I might just have to take a copy of the photograph to show my big butch 'Blue Louis' who is sat luxuriating in my garage; he is by the way a well loved 300TDi 90 of 1995 vintage who just loves going out to play on the never ending public access woodland tracks surrounding our farm !

Bonne chance

Nice to hear from a fellow Defender owner. Ill send you a pm with some more photos.

Make sure you have a means of locking the nuts too, Nyloc nuts, split pins, retaining washers etc. checking for them is now part of the MOT test

Paul B

. .......Mondeo Estate & Elddis Avanté 505 (Tobago)

Archived