Caravan Leveller

RoyE

Hi I recently bought a milenco leveller and I have tried 2 18v drills to raise the wheel of the van but the drills used were unable provide the required torque. I greased the screw as advised but to no avail. I just wondered if anybody out there has had better success with it,I see in the towsure cataloque that it is now supplied with a ratchet perhaps milenco have recognised its limitations with 18v drills?

Have you tried a quality 18v drill? Say Makita or Dewalt.

I know from bitter experience the torque on the cheaper drills can be awful. My 18v Makita with a lithium battery can literally take your arm off!

If you bought yours "recently" why didn't it come with the ratchet and an extension bar ? We bought ours a couple of weeks ago and used it last weekend and it was fab ! Very easy to wind up - if a bit tedious !

I'm not sure Milenco do consider it to be used with an 18v drill do they, let alone "recognise its limitations".... ???

I had a Bulldog raiser, and had to use copperslip on the thread and a ratchet and socket, ended up getting my dad to make a set of wooden ramps bolted together which enables different heights, less hassle.

Try a ratchet & a steel tube to slide over the end for extra leverage. The basic problem is that if the caravan is 1000kg, you have to lift 500kg (ie 1/2 a ton!)

Also read of instances here using the lifter doesn't result in the raising of the caravan, but instead, the lifter sinking into soft ground. This makes it necessary to carry a board/plank to put under it to spread the load.

You must be very frustrated; these devices are not cheap.

Very happy with our Milenco Leveller, use the supplied ratchet and, occasionally, extension if necessary and don`t find it hard work. If he is with us my 11 year old Grandson likes to do it ! I agree it does take a bit of time but it`s well worth it in my opinion.

Using ramps made it very difficult to both level the caravan and line up the Alko wheel lock. No problem at all when using the leveller.

I haven`t tried using an electric drill, we don`t use one on the steadies either as SWMBO is happy to be the Family Steady Winder.

Bob

I use a ratchet from a socket set to raise my two levellers and I set them up under the wheels and leave the OH to crank them both up . :lol:

Dave

I use a ratchet from a socket set to raise my two levellers and I set them up under the wheels and leave the OH to crank them both up . :lol:

Dave

Good on yer, Dave

Bob

Archived