Delimited Pitch In France

We have been looking at sites in France and some of the sites web pages describe pitches as Delimited. Does anyone know what exactly this means? Does it mean that the pitch has no boundaries such as hedges and trees? If there are no obvious boundaries to the pitch I can imagine neighbours encroaching.

Thanks.

We have been looking at sites in France and some of the sites web pages describe pitches as Delimited. Does anyone know what exactly this means? Does it mean that the pitch has no boundaries such as hedges and trees? If there are no obvious boundaries to the pitch I can imagine neighbours encroaching.

Thanks.

I take it to mean the opposite, that is, it has limits or boundaries marked by trees, fences or hedges.

Gordon

It does mean the opposite - delimited actually means hedged, or separated in some other way from other pitches. Almost all the French caravan sites we've ever stayed on have had some form of boundary between you and the next pitch.

It does mean the opposite - delimited actually means hedged, or separated in some other way from other pitches. Almost all the French caravan sites we've ever stayed on have had some form of boundary between you and the next pitch.

Personally I far prefer this method, used in many sites in France, Spain & Italy. You get your pitch, and how you set up in the area allotted is entirely up to you. Your position can then take into account sun and shade, prevailing winds and neighbours, rather than being governed by precise alignment to a small white post.