Ba15s Led

Barry J

Anybody personal experience of replacing their BA15S/SCC filament lamp in the eyeball spotlights in the sitting area of their van, with a warm white LED ??

There are a plethora on the web, all at different prices, but its very hard to gauge light power and colour of their "warm white" without a reference.

The bulb is a 15mm base with a centre contact and two opposing side pins and is 40mm high x 20mm wide.

I have replaced my spotlights (halogen) with the same LED configuration as these and my wife uses them for reading now. Saving 18 watts.

I am going to use these in the awning light.

There is a good SMD thread on the forum by Bailey Oklahoma

Ford C-Max and Coachman Festival 380/2 SE 2006    Motto  Carpe Diem

Still trying to find the perfect pitch. ..110 amp Battery+ 65 watt roof mounted Solar and 25 watt Wind Turbine. LED lighting. Status Aerial 315. Loose chattels marked with UV,. Safefill Gas Fitted.

The question is not whether to use LEDs but more where to source the BA15S ones.

There are lots to replace halogen lamps, but not so many to replace auto bulbs.

I have replaced my spotlights (halogen) with the same LED configuration as these and my wife uses them for reading now. Saving 18 watts.

I am going to use these in the awning light.

There is a good SMD thread on the forum by Bailey Oklahoma

Sorry forgot to post the link. :rolleyes:

http://www. autobulbs. ../new_search. php

and http://www. autobulbsdirect. co. uk/ Hover along the blue bar to LED etc

Edited by Lefthand Down

Still trying to find the perfect pitch. ..110 amp Battery+ 65 watt roof mounted Solar and 25 watt Wind Turbine. LED lighting. Status Aerial 315. Loose chattels marked with UV,. Safefill Gas Fitted.

Thanks - don't think they do warm white though.

I've never seen warm white in a car light cluster. :mellow:

http://www. jmgoods. co. uk/index. htm This site has a good selection but I have not checked it out completely

Edited by Lefthand Down

xctmpuzKHoM.png Is this what you want? I bought mine from here atenlighting. co. uk but the ones I have, have more leds

& they're regulated to work from 10-30V

Paul B

. .......Mondeo Estate & Elddis Avanté 505 (Tobago)

*****, *****,*****.

Got the 24 LED tower light from Ultraled after carefully studying the filament lamp that it was to replace.

Base diameter was right type and size, length of tower wouldn't protrude from fitting, etc.

Tried to fit it and suddenly became aware of how narrow the funnel shaped light fitting was at the base end - wouldn't accept the 22mm wide cylindrical tower LED cluster.

So now have to return for credit.

Ultraled were very good - delivery in 24 hours and a returns number within 4 hours. Could take up to 30 days max to get my money back they say, so lets see how it goes.

Meanwhile, I'm now planning to buy another of their products, a BA15S base to G4 converter and a smaller tower with slightly less output (still warm white though).

Lets hope that works with my fitting.

Edited by Barry J

Incandescent bulb is approx 2700k whereas most of the leds referenced here show them as warm white 3500k i. e. cooler than bulbs.

• 4 weeks later...

I've just joined the forum and we run a business selling LED lights and have done so for 6 years. Our business was quoted in a later post but until I understand how I should respond as a trade member I won't give our business address until asked for it within this forum.

You may already have resolved your problem but my advice would be to purchase a BA15s to G4 adaptor but to then purchase a rear pin G4 bulb with 10 LEDs. This will give a light output approximately equivalent to a 20 watt halogen but only use 2. 5 watts of juice. This bulb will be much more effective that a tower LED as most of the LEDs on the tower will be ineffective as the will be hidden within the housing leaving only the LEDs on the end of the tower to illuminate that area of your van. A flat LED will mean that all of the LEDs are shining in the required direction.

Any other questions don't hesitate to get back to me.

Paul Crooks