Radio Reception Near Bordeaux

guevara

The only way I manage to get BBC in France is to take a long wave radio. You can then get Radio 4. That is all you can get. BBC have stopped the shortwave broadcasts to Europe. You can't get UK digital radio at all. At least with radio 4 you will get the world service at night after the shipping forecast. During the day I plug the earphone outlet from the radio into the one in the van. The battery lasts ages because it is analogue.

If your van is anything like ours you will have to turn off the battery charger as it interfers with the transmission. This is the one I bought. Excellent bit of kit for the money and I can guarantee it works!

I am lost without my radio but I cannot guarantee what reception is like that far south. It works in Saumur so should be OK in Bordeaux

http://www. robertsra. ..R9962/index. htm

That's good news Brian. Haven't ventured that far down yet.

The reception gets progressively worse as you go further south but it helps if you are on a hill. Note only available on long wave. Some modern radios dont have a long wave band.

Brian

One sure way to recieve Radio (and Television if you want it) is to use a Satellite dish. A 24" dish will get all the UK radio stations including BBC channels and Classic FM.

Archived