Sign in to follow this  
Groovy Caravanning Magazine

Groovycaravanning Magazine Rebrand

I wonder if Fraser Hines is going to dress up as Austin Powers for his article? :rolleyes:

No advertiser in their right mind would associate themselves with a magazine that called itself 'groovy'

Give the poor blighters a chance!

I'm waiting for the iPod 2 review. ...

Also why they didn't keep the Future in the title i don't know. ... Future Publishing is a corporate group of magazines. .. not one. ...

Haha. Groovy it is, and certainly no spoof. And how DID Parksy realise Frazer was going to dress up as Austin Powers?? Damn. The cat's out the bag!

Groovy is, well, groovy. It's 70's kitsch. It's Ash from The Evil Dead. And yes, there will be some comedy. .. after all, wouldn't want people to think caravanners had no sense of humour now, would we?? ;-)

A shame you seem so negative about it, ChrisG46. I was going to ask to do an in-depth feature on your site and film-making enterprises in the future. ......

And no, I did not get a letter from Future, but as Agent Smith says to Neo: "That is the sound of inevitibility" - and I'm damned if I'm going to line the diesel tank of some greasy lawyer's Range Rover. :-)

So hell yeah, it's going to be a. ... groovy mag. Groovy. Baby.

Gosh . . (he says, wiping a tear from his eye) . . . I'm so touched . .

Definitely groovy, eh, Sam?

Uh!! The quote was from caravan times!!

I know, Sam . . . Like many journos and writers who deal with caravanning and motorhomes, CT sometimes seems to publish stories out of nowhere . . . but with a lot of news material, they're reasonably on the ball.

Gosh . . (he says, wiping a tear from his eye) . . . I'm so touched . .

Not as errm "touched" as they are with a name like that ;) watch it or they will cast you as Dr Evil or worse Mini Me

Haha. Groovy it is, and certainly no spoof. And how DID Parksy realise Frazer was going to dress up as Austin Powers?? Damn. The cat's out the bag!

Groovy is, well, groovy. It's 70's kitsch. It's Ash from The Evil Dead. And yes, there will be some comedy. .. after all, wouldn't want people to think caravanners had no sense of humour now, would we?? ;-)

A shame you seem so negative about it, ChrisG46. I was going to ask to do an in-depth feature on your site and film-making enterprises in the future. ......

And no, I did not get a letter from Future, but as Agent Smith says to Neo: "That is the sound of inevitibility" - and I'm damned if I'm going to line the diesel tank of some greasy lawyer's Range Rover. :-)

So hell yeah, it's going to be a. ... groovy mag. Groovy. Baby.

I wish you the best of luck anyway despite the cheeky hint of post modernist irony with the name :D

Serious comment? I find black print on a dark/black background too difficult to read - so didn't look to far.

Whilst I wish you all the luck in the world. ..

I too don't like the name. 'Groovy' should be reserved for aged hippies and psychedelic VW Campervans. And if that cover is one that you intend to use, then I wouldn't even give it a second glance. It looks like a music mag from the 1980s. It might purport to be a caravan magazine, but it doesn't look like one. Which I suppose could be the intention.

I've been reading this thread from the strt but the last couple of days couldn't post cos my laptop's been in getting fixed and on my tablet struggled to get logged in.

Am I the only one who doesn't mind the name??? (runs now!). Doesn't matter what the name is as long as the conten'ts good. "don't judge a book by it's cover" as they say.

Having only read the CC magazine i'm willin to give it a try. I like the CC magazine although not alot of it applies to me and it's mainly full of new 'vans.

So i'll have a read when it's ready :-)

Practical Caravan magazine is just full of adverts. .... You pay over £4 for 60% advert content. ..

LePhantom! What a great idea!! Dr Evil G46. ... I already have artists working on the comic artwork ;-)

No, seriously Chris, here's a tissue. Blow out all that snot. Clear out your tubes. Feel better? Good man :-)

I love that the cover looks like an 80s pop magazine. GOOD. That's the point. And what's wrong with psychedelic camper vans, anyway?

Wish I had one. .... grumble grumble.

Just put together a really great feature from a writer called Rowley, about his ten year gap from caravanning.

See? It's not all rock chicks and portaloos. .....

Hello there!

No longer FutureCaravanning Magazine. ..... now it will be known as GroovyCaravanning Magazine!

Our first issue will contain celebrity interviews with Frazer Hines (of Emmerdale and Dr Who fame) and Jordan Reyne, a New Zealand rock-chick musician who played Glastonbury this year and, er, stayed in a tent. In the mud. Should be an ace interview!! There will be features on Winter Caravanning, using your caravan/motorhome as a base for Hogmanay, the changes after ten years “out of the caravan loop”, a feature from a new family going to Portugal for 6 months, reviews, opinions, and of course, what will no-doubt become our famous ANTI-CLARKSON rant. Hope you’ll check it out.

www. groovycaravanning. com

New email: fcmag@hotmail. co. uk

What does everybody think? Your advice and comments so far have been VERY helpful :-)

The Editor.

I can't see from their website who the magazine is put togther by and who is backing them - if I read something I generally like to know the agenda of the person who has written it! so I can judge their independance / impartiality etc. As has already been said "Groovy and Caravanning" are not two words that go together in my mind - even a google search for "Groovy Caravanning" doesn't throw up anything remotely groovy or alternative??

Edited by cheshiregordon

Groovy? I am retired but only old people used to say that anyway (1970,s)

If you do not want to be a Practical Caravan clone you need to say what it

is you will be covering. "Caravanning Today" "First Timers and Old Timer Caravanning"

"Everymans Caravanning" "Caravans Old and New" "Complete Caravanning"

"Caravanning Today" "Real Caravanning" "21st Century Caravanning"

Cover the oddballs and the cheaper end ; like Eriba, Freedom, Gober, make

a niche or you will need loads of advertising which will make you toadies.

Makes sense?

That's the end of all credibility. No greasy lawyer worth his salt would be seen dead in a diesel Range Rover.

And as for belittling the vehicle that a fair number of your potential readers will use to tug a van . ......? The phrase 'shot yourself in the foot' comes to mind.

Obviously no-one wants to pay me oodles for my magazine title!

I've got admit that I'm not a big fan of the new name, but I'll still give it a look.

Just don't include links to badly shot videos of ineloquent, boring old men whiling away their retirement visiting uninteresting places, please.

iPod 2? What?

My old iPod from 2004 is a fifth generation model. ...

Do you mean the iPad 2 maybe?

Looking forward to reading it.

Err, yeah. iPad 2. That's what I meant :-)

And as for lawyers driving diesel Range Rovers. .. well I know a few!! And diesel BMWs.

With regards who's backing the mag, is a creation of the people from Anarchy Books - www. anarchy-books. com.

As for me personally, I am Andy Remic - an SF/fantasy/thriller author. www. andyremic. com

I spend a lot of my caravan time writing nasy violent novels, and use the 'van for a base for mountain climbing and mountain biking.

Oh and I'm making a horror movie. Which is why I know Frazer. And believe me, he is a damn fine actor; all he needs is a nasty script ;-)

I just thought it would be *FUN* to start up a new magazine caterinig focusing on stuff that wasn't boring. :-)

Err, yeah. iPad 2. That's what I meant :-)

And as for lawyers driving diesel Range Rovers. .. well I know a few!! And diesel BMWs.

With regards who's backing the mag, is a creation of the people from Anarchy Books - www. anarchy-books. com.

As for me personally, I am Andy Remic - an SF/fantasy/thriller author. www. andyremic. com

I spend a lot of my caravan time writing nasy violent novels, and use the 'van for a base for mountain climbing and mountain biking.

Oh and I'm making a horror movie. Which is why I know Frazer. And believe me, he is a damn fine actor; all he needs is a nasty script ;-)

I just thought it would be *FUN* to start up a new magazine caterinig focusing on stuff that wasn't boring. :-)

Andy.

I wish you all the luck in the world, it sounds like a great idea, there too many po faced, miserable people in the world !

You sound like a breath of fresh air, we do need the "practical, informative" magazines, but anything new and different has got to be applauded and given a chance.

For the record, I'm a 45 year old Cellular Communications engineer who lives every day as if it could be my last, life is too short to be miserable and boring, I lost my dear partner to cancer within less than four months in 2007 and that made me appreciate how precious life is ! Keep smiling :D

Hi Bagpuss!!

That's awful, mate. Yes, life is precious!! You have to make the most of every day. I lost a friend this summer to a stroke; he was only 51. :-( No damn age to die.

Well, thankyou for your positive comments, and chin up mate!! :-)

If you ever want to share your adventure experiences drop me an email :-)

Andy.

Personally I do not find the name appealing. If I had a choice of 10 magazines in a row I wouls look at them all. But I would leave one with "GROOVY" in the title to one of the last I looked at. To me groovy is assosiated with 60's.

But I would look through them all and base my purchasing power on the content of the magazine, not the title.

As the caravan magazine market is not flooded your future will rely on the content, not the cover.

But a more relavent title would be more appealing.

Caravaning World

World of Caravaning

Caravan Choice

Todays Caravans

Caravan News

Hi Bagpuss!!

That's awful, mate. Yes, life is precious!! You have to make the most of every day. I lost a friend this summer to a stroke; he was only 51. :-( No damn age to die.

Well, thankyou for your positive comments, and chin up mate!! :-)

If you ever want to share your adventure experiences drop me an email :-)

Andy.

Hi Andy.

I've got a fantastic new partner and 3 new stepkids, we're living life to the full, have got back into mountain biking, tried hovercrafting, love the Go Ape experiences, drive the wheels off my 1970 Mustang on nice weather weekends, spend hours walking my 2 dogs, really enjoy our new caravan as a way of getting out and about in the fresh air, (great for family bonding) and am just getting on with life with a big smile. :D

Sign in to follow this