Sign in to follow this  
Groovy Caravanning Magazine

Groovycaravanning Magazine Rebrand

Hello there!

No longer FutureCaravanning Magazine. ..... now it will be known as GroovyCaravanning Magazine!

Our first issue will contain celebrity interviews with Frazer Hines (of Emmerdale and Dr Who fame) and Jordan Reyne, a New Zealand rock-chick musician who played Glastonbury this year and, er, stayed in a tent. In the mud. Should be an ace interview!! There will be features on Winter Caravanning, using your caravan/motorhome as a base for Hogmanay, the changes after ten years “out of the caravan loop”, a feature from a new family going to Portugal for 6 months, reviews, opinions, and of course, what will no-doubt become our famous ANTI-CLARKSON rant. Hope you’ll check it out.

www. groovycaravanning. com

New email: fcmag@hotmail. co. uk

What does everybody think? Your advice and comments so far have been VERY helpful :-)

The Editor.

Hello there!

No longer FutureCaravanning Magazine. ..... now it will be known as GroovyCaravanning Magazine!

Our first issue will contain celebrity interviews with Frazer Hines (of Emmerdale and Dr Who fame) and Jordan Reyne, a New Zealand rock-chick musician who played Glastonbury this year and, er, stayed in a tent. In the mud. Should be an ace interview!! There will be features on Winter Caravanning, using your caravan/motorhome as a base for Hogmanay, the changes after ten years “out of the caravan loop”, a feature from a new family going to Portugal for 6 months, reviews, opinions, and of course, what will no-doubt become our famous ANTI-CLARKSON rant. Hope you’ll check it out.

www. groovycaravanning. com

New email: fcmag@hotmail. co. uk

What does everybody think? Your advice and comments so far have been VERY helpful :-)

The Editor.

Frazer Hines and Groovy are not two words I would expect to see together, but I had a wee peek at the link and it looks like a nice magazine,all the very best with it.

Guest Grump
I do not wish to be too negative, but to me using the name "Groovy" immediately dates it to the late 60's. Not a good choice of name IMO.
Our first issue will contain celebrity interviews with Frazer Hines (of Emmerdale and Dr Who fame) and Jordan Reyne, a New Zealand rock-chick musician who played Glastonbury this year and, er, stayed in a tent. In the mud.
Who? Never heard of either of them.

I hope you do well, but sorry, the present format has no appeal to me.

Sorry nice idea awful title, groovy was dated by 1971 and has never recovered from sounding like somebody stoned, or old, or both trying to sound young and cool. The younger vanners will think it ancient and the older ones hopelessly outdated.

Cringe is the word that comes to mind and brand is really important. Don't try hip caravanning either, too many with hip replacements out there to like that.

Garage, hip-hop and grunge caravanning aren't too groovy either :o

i really wish you all the luck in the world, but sorry i got to agree with others above, i dont like the name, but i think there is room for another caravan mag, best wishes, Stu

who decided on the name for it,maybe you could have started a little competition in the forum to come up with a name and give the winner a years free subscription

:D

have had a look at the link and like others, i'm not too struck by the title but that said i'll be keeping an eye out for it

Best of luck with the venture. It seems to be aimed at the 20/30yr old market, which must be in the minority in the

caravan world(?). Although in my mind I remain at 25 (and try not to pass mirrors)! I hate the old word Groovy almost as

much as I hate people (usually 30+ designers trying to be what they're not) using the word cool as an expression. Just

puts me back in the 60's.

There again, when someone gives me a meal and says "enjoy" without qualifying what to enjoy

by the addition of "your meal" or even "it" gets my goat as well.

Nearly as much as the pretentious waiters, when I'm forced

by my wife into an overpriced bloody Italians,

who bring the largest black pepper cellar in existence and ask if I would like them

to add it to my rubbish meal. It's not gold dust for Gods sake!

Whilst I'm on I hate the use of American spelling and words creeping in to our language!

Totally un-cool not at all hip or groovy!

That's better, I'm smiling now

ps I remember FH from Emmerdale, used to be watching Emmerdale was the only fresh air I got!

Edited by david23d

Best of luck with the venture. It seems to be aimed at the 20/30yr old market, which must be in the minority in the

caravan world(?). Although in my mind I remain at 25 (and try not to pass mirrors)! I hate the old word Groovy almost as

much as I hate people (usually 30+ designers trying to be what they're not) using the word cool as an expression. Just

puts me back in the 60's.

There again, when someone gives me a meal and says "enjoy" without qualifying what to enjoy

by the addition of "your meal" or even "it" gets my goat as well.

Nearly as much as the pretentious waiters, when I'm forced

by my wife into an overpriced bloody Italians,

who bring the largest black pepper cellar in existence and ask if I would like them

to add it to my rubbish meal. It's not gold dust for Gods sake!

Whilst I'm on I hate the use of American spelling and words creeping in to our language!

Totally un-cool not at all hip or groovy!

That's better, I'm smiling now

ps I remember FH from Emmerdale, used to be watching Emmerdale was the only fresh air I got!

I have to admit I'm stunned at the ability of people on here to turn a thread on pretty much any subject into a moaning rant about something, generally something the thread isn't even about.

Thank you,

Can't be serious all the time can one? Unless you've had a charisma/sense of humour bypass

how's about becoming a moderator, then you can run the forum how you would like and us dafter

types can leave for daring to be off topic for a couple of paras and attempting a bit tongue in cheek stuff!

My first papa was on topic, I do humbly apologise if my musings offended you or how you think the

forum should be ran, but "moaning rant" come on!.... "stunned", you must have led a more sheltered life than me!

I remember hearing something on QI that stated a survey that said over 78% of forum postings

will have mention of Hitler or nazis if left to run long enough.

Edited by david23d

who decided on the name for it,maybe you could have started a little competition in the forum to come up with a name and give the winner a years free subscription

:D

Yeah summat like "Hitched n Pitched"

or "Elsan monthly"

or "Club 18 to 30 feet long"

or "Caravanning its not as bad as you think"

or "Tenting with Guy Ropes"

peter.

"Club 18 to 30 feet long"

sound good to me, can we have all the other things associated with Club 18 to 30, my daughters would love that on a site!

whereas me, being an old grump, would simply find my coat!

Edited by david23d

GroovyCaravanning Magazine has got to be the best value caravan magazine out there! After all, it will cost you ZERO pennies…!

bit expensive isn'it, why don't you buy one, get next months free, :rolleyes::D:rolleyes::D

Edited by bobdawkins

Anyone who'd use the word Groovy in the title of anything would either have to be totally out of touch with reality, or having a laugh . . . Spoof detectors to max, people!

Anyone who'd use the word Groovy in the title of anything would either have to be totally out of touch with reality, or having a laugh . . . Spoof detectors to max, people!

That's exactly what I thought! I clicked on the links on my Mac, but I certainly wouldn' on a PC. ..Beware next links?

Groovy - A term that came about in the 60s and meant "excellent", "tubular", "awesome", or " cool".

Sadly by using it today is telling everyone you're "stuck in the past" and "dated".

The first choice of name (Future) was looking ahead, the rebrand (Groovy) is looking back, and in my opinion a poor choice of title. I would strongly urge a rethink before the first issue, or you will have lost before you start.

I may not like the name, but I am certainly not negative about the concept. Sorry if I disappoint you "Abbey Newby", but I am actually quite in favour of idea of an online magazine.

I've thought of a truly excellent title for a caravan magazine. How do I register / sell it?

For my two penneth I think it does the job of setting you apart as an "alternative style" mag.

People tend to get quite used to magazine titles and accept them. I think it will be taken in good ironic way and pitches where you could be quite well.

i m always suspious about people that use a hotmail account .

Dave

I thought why are they changing the name before the first issue?, and then thought, I wonder if they have had a letter from a certain magazine publisher?

I also think the new name is wrong, but cannot for the life of me offer an alternative.

Good luck with your magazine but I am afraid if it was on a shelf with that title I probably wouldn't even pick it up

As said the title is a bit dated . Something like The Alternative Caravan Magaine or Digital Caravan Mag or icaravan would give it a bit more upto date title .

Dave

Edited by CommanderDave

For people who fancy an online mag, there's already the rather smart Caravan Times - I contribute video content to it from time to time . . . !

For people who fancy an online mag, there's already the rather smart Caravan Times - I contribute video content to it from time to time . . . !

Smart as in:

'Gourmet eating is becoming more popular among caravan owners, as 44 per cent of them choose to eat curry on holiday'

:( :(

Sign in to follow this