Motor Movers

reevsie

I am looking at al the motor movers on the market. I am totally confused what to go for.

My van is an 2011 Elddis Super Sirocco twin axle the M. T. P. L. M is 1820 and I have the air con fitted as an extra. I do not need it to go up a kerb or slope. It is just for manovering into tight spaces.

If it was a single axle the choice would be a lot easier. But do I need a 4 wheel system because of the weight. I would rather pay to get it fitted as I do not have time working for myself.

Thanks in advance for any help given.

2011 Nissan Navara Tekna Auto 2. 5 with a 2011 Elddis Super Sirocco behind it

Reevsie

I've got an 1800kg twin axle too, and following various threads on here it became obvious that it wasn't worth messing about with anything other than an awd mover. For me, by definition I knew I'd only need it where access was tight or compromised (youth spent driving tractors on a farm means reversing ok where possible) and so manoeuvrability of awd essential.

I went for a new fitted Powertouch. I'm really pleased with it, but am even more convinced that awd was the right way to go. A TA is never going to turn on a sixpence, and there is a lot of weight and resistance from the tyres to overcome.

For what it's worth, I also went for electric actuation - in for a penny, in for a pound! Check out the mover threads - looks like there are some deals possible around the £1600 mark. I paid £2100, but that included new Alko hanger for spare wheel and I didn't shop around as I wanted it done at short notice before a foreign holiday. What's £500 to save a marriage?!

My Royal Atlas moves my van which is same weight with no problems and is power activation

Dave

Jeep Commander 3. 0 V6 CRD

Isuzu D- Max Utah Auto

Elddis Crusader Storm 2000 Kgs, Unipart Royal Atlas Mover .

As said if the van is a t/a then go for an awd mover. I have had two t/a vans one with a single axle mover and the present one with a reich awd system and believe me there is NO comparison IMO.

peter.

volvo xc90t6/coachman laser 590/4 running at 80%

I am looking at al the motor movers on the market. I am totally confused what to go for.

My van is an 2011 Elddis Super Sirocco twin axle the M. T. P. L. M is 1820 and I have the air con fitted as an extra. I do not need it to go up a kerb or slope. It is just for manovering into tight spaces.

If it was a single axle the choice would be a lot easier. But do I need a 4 wheel system because of the weight. I would rather pay to get it fitted as I do not have time working for myself.

Thanks in advance for any help given.

If you only need to move it on level ground,you could go for a heavy duty single axle mover fitted to the rear axle.

The secret to manouvering a twin axle is to raise the jockey wheel so that the front axle just clears the ground,it then becomes a single axle and will turn on a sixpence.

Bryan.

When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission, which supports our community.