Stolen Caravan

Guest Candy1664

Guest Candy1664

Hobby Excellent Easy (Single axle) stolen from Driveway in Washington Tyne & Wear area this afternoon. Possibly Green Landrover type vehicle responsible. Will be damaged as wall on drive has been hit hard.

Police informed and looking. Anyone out on the roads this afternoon please keep an eye out.

Hobby Excellent Easy (Single axle) stolen from Driveway in Washington Tyne & Wear area this afternoon. Possibly Green Landrover type vehicle responsible. Will be damaged as wall on drive has been hit hard.

Police informed and looking. Anyone out on the roads this afternoon please keep an eye out.

Sorry you've had your van stolen but if it has hit the wall that hard and is in the possesion of some ratbags do you really want it back,I know it must be distressing but you'd probably be better getting the insurance and buying another. Hope I've not offended but that's what I believe

Guest Candy1664

Its not my van its my mate's, so no offence taken, but I think its just the gut reaction when something is taken from you, you want your things back and the scum responsible caught. ......

It's not just the van that goes it's all the personal things as well.

Hope you hear better news soon.

Ford C-Max and Coachman Festival 380/2 SE 2006    Motto  Carpe Diem

Still trying to find the perfect pitch. ..110 amp Battery+ 65 watt roof mounted Solar and 25 watt Wind Turbine. LED lighting. Status Aerial 315. Loose chattels marked with UV,. Safefill Gas Fitted.

Sorry to hear of your mates misfortune. Will certainly be on the lookout.

Guest Candy1664

Update - Eyewitness accounts tell of 2 guys in reflective jackets, one guy knocks on door (to check if anyone is in) it is about 14-00 broad daylight! No one in and van is hitchlocked, wheel locked and pointing towards house, drive has gates. as they drag the van off they have hit the wall pillar on the nearside rear, van must be damaged as part was left behind! Another witness saw the van being towed at speed by a red or maroon 4 x4 pick up (Ford Ranger or similar) with the rear combi light dragging the road!! Loads of people saw this happening, nobody did anything or challenged them. .....

Guest Candy1664

Yes our friend is a WPC so it is receiving due attention lets say, plus 2 caravan forums and Facebook and LinkedIn friends all on the lookout!

With it being a single axle Hobby my guess is that it will be turned into spares

Update - Eyewitness accounts tell of 2 guys in reflective jackets, one guy knocks on door (to check if anyone is in) it is about 14-00 broad daylight! No one in and van is hitchlocked, wheel locked and pointing towards house, drive has gates. as they drag the van off they have hit the wall pillar on the nearside rear, van must be damaged as part was left behind! Another witness saw the van being towed at speed by a red or maroon 4 x4 pick up (Ford Ranger or similar) with the rear combi light dragging the road!! Loads of people saw this happening, nobody did anything or challenged them. .....

There was a post, possibly in another forum where several people saw a similar event and challenged the "guys in reflective jackets" to discover it was perfectly legitimate as they were bailiffs repossessing the caravan.

Guest Candy1664

Yeah I can imagine that. ..however these ones waited until my friend had gone out at 13-40 before they knocked on the door. ....presumably to be sure there was nobody else still inside. .....the workmen next door who saw this (from inside the house) did not even bother to go out and ask what they wanted or to watch what they were doing!!

I wonder how many members notice how many vans and their towing vehicle with different reg no's?

That's the one thing i forgot to change when i used my other car to pull the caravan, It was the end of the second trip out that i acutally noticed that the caravan had a compelely different registration! It's not like it was difficult to notice either, the caravan has a short private registration!

2021 Swift Sienna Super 4SB

• 6 months later...

Hi im new to this forum i had a elddis knightsbridge stolen from storage in elton near darlington in march 2010. Your comment caught my eye when reading on hear. When my van was stolen there was a ford ranger 4 x 4 seen taking another stolen caravan off the same site as mine it was maroon colour with spot lights on the top but the driver or scumbag had turned all his lights off and had even got out the 4 x 4 to lift the jockey wheel as it was scraping the floor. The police were usless no effort to try and find my van and i had only had it 1 week with no insurance. This just seemed funny as its only 20 miles down the road from where use are based and seems the scum are opperating near us. The one question i ask is why dont the police do a check of all the nearest traveller sites there is plenty near me i know not all travellers are thieves but come on 2 caravans stolen in the same week by the same 4x4. They know what they were doing because all the locks had been burned off my van.

Hi im new to this forum i had a elddis knightsbridge stolen from storage in elton near darlington in march 2010. Your comment caught my eye when reading on hear. When my van was stolen there was a ford ranger 4 x 4 seen taking another stolen caravan off the same site as mine it was maroon colour with spot lights on the top but the driver or scumbag had turned all his lights off and had even got out the 4 x 4 to lift the jockey wheel as it was scraping the floor. The police were usless no effort to try and find my van and i had only had it 1 week with no insurance. This just seemed funny as its only 20 miles down the road from where use are based and seems the scum are opperating near us. The one question i ask is why dont the police do a check of all the nearest traveller sites there is plenty near me i know not all travellers are thieves but come on 2 caravans stolen in the same week by the same 4x4. They know what they were doing because all the locks had been burned off my van.

They will not do a check on these sites because they dont have the guts to do so. They would rather sit down the road with a radar gun and catch you doing 33mph in a 30 zone!

Guest Inner State

They will not do a check on these sites because they dont have the guts to do so. They would rather sit down the road with a radar gun and catch you doing 33mph in a 30 zone!

Would you in the course of your day job risk getting your head kicked in? I personally don't like this sort of viewpoint, our police do a brilliant job and without them just imagine the consequences. If you get stopped for 33 in a 30 you would have been doing something else wrong as well, I don't beleive anyone would be stopped for such an infingement. Just out of interest why do you feel it's accepatble to do 33 in a 30? the 30 is the speed limit i. e. you could actually go slower.

I feel our police are badly let down by the CPS and the court service, we do have little in the way of justice in this country with all of the 'do gooders' giving the criminals more rights than the victims.

J

Send the helicopter up, the cameras they have should be able to pick out their vehicle & caravans, then do an organised raid. After all, it's the police's job to protect us & our property isn't it? They can use some of the money they collect from speeders to protect us from the likes of these thieves.

I guess one thing we could do is put some sort of ID on the roof of our caravan. CRiS number?

Great if you want bullet holes in your helicopter!!!

BTW - Don't try to stop these people, you may get tazzered or knifed.

I speak from experience as a kid.

Would you in the course of your day job risk getting your head kicked in? I personally don't like this sort of viewpoint, our police do a brilliant job and without them just imagine the consequences. If you get stopped for 33 in a 30 you would have been doing something else wrong as well, I don't beleive anyone would be stopped for such an infingement. Just out of interest why do you feel it's accepatble to do 33 in a 30? the 30 is the speed limit i. e. you could actually go slower.

I feel our police are badly let down by the CPS and the court service, we do have little in the way of justice in this country with all of the 'do gooders' giving the criminals more rights than the victims.

J

Thats what they are paid very good money for to up hold the law. Some of them are very aggressive without reason lie through their teeth and are abusive. You only got to watch Sky news today to find out what some of them are like

Guest Inner State

Thats what they are paid very good money for to up hold the law.

If the money and conditions are so good, how come you havent joined up? cant be so rosy? How many jobs can you think of where you risk life and limb like they are expected to do. The army at least supply their staff with guns.

Some of them are very aggressive without reason lie through their teeth and are abusive.

Of course they are, theyre human, do you never lose your temper, go through working life day in, day out always happy and never annoyed? never had an argument with the missis? They are a minority.

You only got to watch Sky news today to find out what some of them are like

A miniscule percentage, if they published the good side it would be boring television wouldn't it. Stories like this are popular for the narrow minded people that think all of the police are like this all of the time. Yes there are bad apples but not many. Watch some of the other programs like police interceptors and see the abuse they have to put up with, how would you deal with a druggie spitting in your face?

I think you protray a very unrealistic view of the police, every time I've had dealings they have always been polite and helpful and yes occasionally I've earned a few points in my earlier years, justifiably so.

J

If you get stopped for 33 in a 30 you would have been doing something else wrong as well, I don't beleive anyone would be stopped for such an infingement.
I beg to differ. In 2007 I accelerated a little too soon leaving a 30mph zone, into a 40mph zone, and I received a ticket stating 33mph. I accept that what I did was not correct, but I had just driven a couple of miles across town at either 20mph or 30mph and this was on a perfectly straight duel carriageway with wide empty pavements.

Gordon.

Fourwinds Hurricane 31D Motorhome. Also MGTF135 1. 8i Roadster (fun) & Volvo V70 3.2Ltr LPG (everyday car)
Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan and Motorhome Talk.

I beg to differ. In 2007 I accelerated a little too soon leaving a 30mph zone, into a 40mph zone, and I received a ticket stating 33mph. I accept that what I did was not correct, but I had just driven a couple of miles across town at either 20mph or 30mph and this was on a perfectly straight duel carriageway with wide empty pavements.

Gordon.

Inner state. I rest my case.

Ps I will not state what my employment was, shall I say Im 55 plus and retired.

Guest Inner State

Inner state. I rest my case.

Ps I will not state what my employment was, shall I say Im 55 plus and retired.

Then you SHOULD fully understand what theyre up against.

Enjoy your retirement.

J