Sterling Head Board

cheshiregordon

We replaced our mattress on our Ace, Swift product, and as the new mattress was a couple of inches deeper, or higher, we had to remove our headboard up a couple of inches, but i did email Swift about it and the reply was that they used a heavy duty velcro, two strips on the rear and staples between the fold of the material on the front, once you pull the staples out very carefully pull on the headboard and you will see the velcro, now i was lucky i as able to reuse the self adhesive velco, and the staple were replaced by one of those large staple guns, not one hooked up to a commpressor, one like this http://www. diy. com/diy/jsp/bq/nav. jsp?action=detail&fh_secondid=11247569&fh_location=//catalog01/en_GB/categories%3C{9372015}/categories%3C{9372043}/categories%3C{9372176}/categories%3C{9392055}/specificationsProductType=nail___staple_guns mine was from Focus.

It was an easy job, but peeling the velcro back and not trying to get cought up in the sticky adhesive on the back was a bit tricky.

Good luck.

• 9 years later...

Hi I've a 2015 swift major 4sb sb and want to change the headboard cover  any body know if its held on with velcro?

12 hours ago, alandonna said:

Hi I've a 2015 swift major 4sb sb and want to change the headboard cover  any body know if its held on with velcro?

None of the posters will be able to answer that question as this thread is over 9 years old and none of the posters have been online for a number of years

Lunar Solaris 1 Limited Edition 2007 Hopefully Behind A

BMW 520D MSport Touring. ...

***** Jack of all Trades. ... Master of None *****

The original responders may not be here but I am sure there are active members who have appropriate knowledge.

My 2012 Swift has headboards attached by Velcro.  Just need some later model owners to see if the tradition was carried on.

11 hours ago, alandonna said:

As all the other Swift headboards are secured with Velcro, it’s pretty safe to work on the premise yours is too.

As Steve says, the headboard fixing is still likely to be Velcro. On our outfits the clips below have been used in the past for both headboards and holding the front chest of drawers in place in the front dinette, although our present padded headboard is held secure with hidden screw fixings.

Fixings for caravan front chest of drawers.jpg

Fourwinds Hurricane 31D Motorhome. Also MGTF135 1. 8i Roadster (fun) & Volvo V70 3.2Ltr LPG (everyday car)
Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan and Motorhome Talk.

I recently had to remove the headboard on my 2015 Sterling Eccles. It had full width strips of velcro at the top and bottom. The velcro was stapled on to the wall with very few staples and came off in places when removing the headboard. The bigger problem was that there was a big lump of some kind of glue or sealant right in the middle about 12cm in diameter. I had to get a hacksaw blade down the back to cut it off. It removed easily from the headboard but made a mess of the wall covering when removing it.  I re-stapled the velcro when reattaching it, but the wall board does not hold staples very well. Hope you just have velcro and not the glue as well.