Milenco Double Step

Hi

We bought a Purple Line double step a couple of years ago as a trial double step.

It's worked out really well for us and we're thinking about buying a Milenco alloy double step (rubber treads).

This would not only be lighter but also give bigger step areas.

The only thing we noticed at the dealers was that there seemed to be quite big gaps in the bend joints of the alloy tubing.

Just wondering if anyone has any experience with these steps, just wondering about water getting in the tubes etc. .

Tom

HI,

We've had some of these Milenco steps for a couple of months and while they are much better than a single step, my one area of disappointment is that the bottom step seems to have bowed slightly. We aren't the heaviest people either ! It doesn't make any difference to their use, just an observation and I sort of suspect they have reached maximum bow and will remain at that. I really don't think water ingress will present as a problem though in answer to your post.

Regards,

Peter

I have a set and have not noticed any problem with rain. Mine have alloy treads.

I suppose sealant applied in any gaps could solve water ingress.

I will have to check mine and see if mine has 'gaps'

Ford C-Max and Coachman Festival 380/2 SE 2006    Motto  Carpe Diem

Still trying to find the perfect pitch. ..110 amp Battery+ 65 watt roof mounted Solar and 25 watt Wind Turbine. LED lighting. Status Aerial 315. Loose chattels marked with UV,. Safefill Gas Fitted.

Don't know about the Milenco one but we needed a 2 step (?) recently after we changed to a Bailey and inadvertantly bought a Royal with LED's on the rungs and a remote control !!!??? Now we can see it in the dark !? What's all that about then !!??

It's a good size but water pools on the rubber treads !!!

Madness !!! :blink:

I have had the milenco steps for a few years now, sometimes rain water does get into the tubing but it does not cause any problems.

the only problem I have had is on boggy ground when the steps can sink a bit, the cupped feet sometimes come off and I have to dig them out but overall I have found them to be very good

I have had the milenco steps for a few years now, sometimes rain water does get into the tubing but it does not cause any problems.

the only problem I have had is on boggy ground when the steps can sink a bit, the cupped feet sometimes come off and I have to dig them out but overall I have found them to be very good

You need this one then. :rolleyes: Good support all round. Can be bought with rubber treads as well. We are looking for a wraparound carpet step cover for ours which allows you to wipe your feet as well. :)

http://www. leisureshopdirect. com/caravan/caravan_accessories/product_20219/Milenco_Aluminium_Double_Step_(Original).aspx?aff=122

I swopped mine because it needed to be dug out. :(

Ford C-Max and Coachman Festival 380/2 SE 2006    Motto  Carpe Diem

Still trying to find the perfect pitch. ..110 amp Battery+ 65 watt roof mounted Solar and 25 watt Wind Turbine. LED lighting. Status Aerial 315. Loose chattels marked with UV,. Safefill Gas Fitted.