Mobile Electrician Wanted

dap560

Hi, Does anyone know of a caravan electrician to come and check the electrics on our Hobby prestige 560uf 2003. Its sited near bakewell derbyshire. Denise

Yes have googled, I also try to collect a few personal recommendations too, by word and mouth is the best source I think. .Denise :)

Hi, Does anyone know of a caravan electrician to come and check the electrics on our Hobby prestige 560uf 2003. Its sited near bakewell derbyshire. Denise

What is wrong with electrics? as a Hobby owner, including a 2003 model, perhaps I can help.

Hi, Beejay, I have posted on hobby forum for same problem but very quiet there.

Firstly the tap in the kitchen stopped working and felt hot also the electric box in the wardrobe was hot and the 7. 5 fuse had melted, Hubby managed to get fuse out tried a new 7. 5 and it tripped, so no water no fridge light and no toilet flush. Also dismantled and tested the water pump at home and thats ok. Hope this makes sense to you and can help. Denise

Hi, Beejay, I have posted on hobby forum for same problem but very quiet there.

Firstly the tap in the kitchen stopped working and felt hot also the electric box in the wardrobe was hot and the 7. 5 fuse had melted, Hubby managed to get fuse out tried a new 7. 5 and it tripped, so no water no fridge light and no toilet flush. Also dismantled and tested the water pump at home and thats ok. Hope this makes sense to you and can help. Denise

It is probably that the transformer has failed. If you P. M. me with a telephone number I can try and help you to confirm the cause.

Any domestic sparky should be able to help i would imagine?? its 220v the same as in home. they should be familiar with step down transformers etc

the tap would not be using 220v across the microswitch, more like 12v max. if the tap feels hot, it probably indicates a short against the metal body of the tap, causing more current from the transformer ( i presume this is what you are calling the electric box?) therefor the transformer works harder to fulfill demand and exceeds the protection offered by the fuse, and gets warm in the process.

transformers get warm when working anyway.

Hi, id have to check my box, and Beejay may be able to confirm, but im prtty sure all three of the fuses in my "electric box" are red 10amp. cant recall seeing a 7. 5 any where.

nigel

Edited by nigel129

NIGEL129 Hobby 495 Ufe (2003)

Powrtouch HD BP GAS Lite User Toyota Surf 2. 4 Tug,

Hi, been to the van and good news, followed advice and it was the microswitch in the kitchen tap, it had melted and bare wire was touching the metal part, hubby replaced it and everything works, simples when you have a forum like this. Transformer is warm, not hot now. Nigel, it definitly says on the bottom of the slots for fuses from left to right 10-10-7. 5 mind you its the tiniest writing and I pulled my neck looking at it. Thanks everyone for your help. .....

Denise

Hi, been to the van and good news, followed advice and it was the microswitch in the kitchen tap, it had melted and bare wire was touching the metal part, hubby replaced it and everything works, simples when you have a forum like this. Transformer is warm, not hot now. Nigel, it definitly says on the bottom of the slots for fuses from left to right 10-10-7. 5 mind you its the tiniest writing and I pulled my neck looking at it. Thanks everyone for your help. .....

Denise

Oh, ill have to check mine, just in case. Glad your sorted and somthing ill keep an eye on if i ever get the same prob.

nigel

NIGEL129 Hobby 495 Ufe (2003)

Powrtouch HD BP GAS Lite User Toyota Surf 2. 4 Tug,