Daisy Bank

dobbo

Hi any one recommend the best route from M54- A5 direction to daisy bank caravan park (A488 then A449) ?

Thanks in advance

Rob

Hi any one recommend the best route from M54- A5 direction to daisy bank caravan park (A488 then A449) ?

Thanks in advance

Rob

A488 off the A5 at Shrewsbury sign posted Minsterley looks best but there is a little curvey one way system through Pontsbury that can look a little 'tight'. There's dotted lines marked on the road and signs for lorries to follow the width markings so if they can get a 40T artic down to the Uniq Minsterley dessert plant, you can get a caravan through. Beware the rogue bumpkins who ossacionally abandon their cars to wander into the shoppe and collect their pension, I believe they call it as parking but in my world you have to choose which Kerb you were supposed to be nearest to!

RH turn A488 to A489 is 120° but nice and wide so no worries about 'jack knifing' the outfit, unlike some other turns I've made!

Alternative A5 to A49 at Shrewsbury then Rh onto A489 just past Whistanlow has most the route on slightly bigger roads (A49) but with that you get more traffic.

Choose yer pick.

Paul

I've done both Paul's routes to Daisy Bank this year several times with no problems and even the middle of the road parkers in Pontsbury behaved themselves. That route is quieter (generally) and more 'interesting' to drive and picturesque, but the roads are narrower overall.

The A49 can be a bind at times especially if you get stuck behind a 90+ year old intent on weaving backwards and forwards across the road at 20mph (where are traffic policemen when you need them?), but a wider road throughout, though with plenty of HGVs.

Don't get sidetracked into Bishops Castle with your rig or you'll never get out again.

I've got nothing to do on this hot afternoon

but to settle down and write you a line.

Archived