Best Place To Sell A Caravan .

Tyneside Mike

Sorry to ask but we live up in Northumberland.

Due to a house move we intend to sell our South Caravan (2006 Bailey Pageant Burgundy) before the end of the year and we will keep our North Caravan, (yes we do have two tourer caravans, but for a good reason) our South caravan is kept in the West Midlands near Kingswindford.

What local newspaper or magazine does anyone suggest gets the best results in that area?

Thanks

Mike

DSC_0008-2.jpgDSC_0009.jpg

Hi Mike,

Feel free to advertise it on Caravan Talk in the classifieds. Won't cost you a penny.

Ben

Tim
Developer | Caravan Talk

Gumtree maybe.

I'm currently looking for a 2 berth. Not one in Scotland on caravan Finder. Most on Caravan Club sold. Autotrader not a great site. Not as easy as I first thought it might be at this time of year!

I sold mine on ebay as a classified ad in 7 days.

But it was the week before Whitsun which is the best time of year to sell. Dealer prices for secondhand vans are also higher because of the amount of interest at that time of year.

Scales

ebay, caravan trader or preloved. .

found gumtree to be hopeless, full of idiots in lagos spamming you. rolleyes.gif

Another vote for Gumtree!! . . Put mine on there at 12:30am had the first enquiry at 8:00am :blink: and it was sold by 7:00pm the same day :) . ... You can't beat free advertising ;)

i don't bother with magazines or papers . .... the sorry fact is that they are read just the once and then discarded (sorry - recycled!)

If i'm looking to buy ANYTHING, the first call is always Ebay and Amazon. This gives me a good idea on prices etc and then a net search is the next step for local stockists and suppliers. .

D

Hi Mike,

Feel free to advertise it on Caravan Talk in the classifieds. Won't cost you a penny.

Ben

Thanks Ben, did not even notice there was a 'classified section', will give it a try when we are ready. But must go to Spec savers first B)

Mike

We are looking at selling our van and was thinking of Caravan Trader? Anybody had any luck on there???

I've bought and sold on ebay caravan parts and caravans and no problems to date but they're fees go up all the time so not sure what the cost is now. Gumtree is good but you also get alot of spammers / timewasters as mentioned.

Compass Shadow 1988

Archived