Creatures Of Habit

madatter

following up on my how many nights post, do you got to the same sites all the time, we haven't been to the same site twice, ever. even to the same resort abroad. don't get me wrong I've been to some fantastic places, never got round to returning and to much to see and not enough time.

Ditto ! One exception - went to Broadway CC site again at the beginning of this year when hubby could hardly walk due to a bad back ! We needed somewhere within our comfort zone at the time !

Apart from that we have never been to the same place twice. As you say - too many places to see ! But this is only our 3rd year of real caravan touring and I'm sure as time goes by we will revisit some :) !

We've been to a few sites more than once because the kids like it and we like the location. ..Park Coppice CC at Coniston is one but generally we tend to explore different areas so don't often return to the same place. ..I tend to like to try different places but if I hit upon a CL or site that I love everything about I would return.

I'm the same, alwasy like to try somewhere new. saying that, I did return to Morton-In-Marsh CC twice last year. January this year I went to Broadway CC site and would like to go there again. ...beautiful village.

As they say "variety is the spice of life" !!

Diefer

Possibly depends on how much you do and how far you go. It's a mix of old and new for us, plenty of local sites we love to return to and plenty of new ones for longer.

Christmas/New Year we do spend at the same sites because of distance/weather, Chatsworth being a real favourite.

Coachman Amara 380/2

We visit same site everytime

Have built an excellent relationship with owner

As this is first year having a van we want to get allk the niggles out the way and use the van before escaping fir 8 weeks European discovery next year

We visit same site everytime

Have built an excellent relationship with owner

As this is first year having a van we want to get allk the niggles out the way and use the van before escaping fir 8 weeks European discovery next year

We tend to do a bit of both.

For our spring/summer jaunt of 10 weeks in Europe we tend to do 4 weeks visiting new sites and places and then fall back on our favourite site for 6 weeks where we know we will enjoy the peace and quiet, the weather, and meeting many people that we have met there before. We also know that we can park the car and not use it again if we want to as everything is with 400 yards of the site. . beach, supermarket and village square!

Away from that trip we like to visit new sites and places but if the mood takes us and the weather forecast is good we usually ring around a couple of our favourite CLs and have a week at short notice.

G.

I would go back to somewhere in Europe if I liked it but not all the time. As for the UK hmm probably not I'd keep looking around unless it happened to be a convenience break where I just wanted to go out not too far away (no no not that kind of convenience break!)

On another note I believe nuns are creatures of habit :rolleyes:

I have not visited the same site twice, but we have only been caravanning for 20 months now.

I would be prepared to visit most of the places again, but we might not get round to it. So many places to explore!

Regards,

Steve

Only been back to a previously visited site a couple of times. Both times years after we'd first been and both times disappointed with the site when we returned.

After quite a few years of touring we now have favourite sites we go to every year :)

We don't feel as if weve had a holiday if we don't go to our favourite site in Norfolk for a fortnight, & I must have my fortnights fly fishing on the Tweed B)

We usually try somewhere new at spring bank, but next year we thought we'd take our granddaughter to Scotland so weve book our favourite spot near Melrose. ... so that's 3 weeks fly fishing on the Tweed :rolleyes:

& our regular mayday weekend is a site next to a pub :)

Paul B

. .......Mondeo Estate & Elddis Avanté 505 (Tobago)

For our spring/summer jaunt of 10 weeks in Europe we tend to do 4 weeks visiting new sites and places and then fall back on our favourite site for 6 weeks where we know we will enjoy the peace and quiet, the weather, and meeting many people that we have met there before. We also know that we can park the car and not use it again if we want to as everything is with 400 yards of the site. . beach, supermarket and village square!

G.

Care to share where that is then?

Care to share where that is then?

It's this one that I've mentioned before. .

http://www. eurocampindependent. co. uk/campsites/overview. cfm?mc=148&regionID=328

Expensive in high season but if you can get your holiday in before 1st July Euro Independent do 3 weeks for 2, 14 days for 11, 7 days for 6.

Have a look at one or two of the Campsite Rating Sites. .. many, many returning customers.

HTH

G.

P. S. Just don't try and steal my pitch!!! :P:lol::P

We've done the same site in France for 6 years (albeit with 1 year break as the little man was born), first in tents, then this year for the first time in the 'van

We do it as the site 'ticks all the boxes' for us & I think we would always be comparing other sites with our favourite if we were to venture elsewhere.

We always go at the same time of year (first 3 weeks of the school holidays) & am surprised at the number of 'regulars' we see every year

In this country, we have a couple of 'local' (up to an hour away) sites that we use for 'impromptu' get aways, but now we have the 'van are enjoying exploring further afield

Tony

we have only been to 1 site in particular for 2 weeks 3 years in a row,I never post in a forum where this site is,it's so gorgeous there,your pitch is practically on the beach,you can sit at your van and watch the seals close by,I don't want my little piece of heaven too busy with visitors lol

I have only returned to 2 sites, one is the CC site at Pembrey (South Wales) - its only 12 miles from where we live, located in a country park and is ideal for a weekend term time break for us and the kids. We go after the kids finish school on a Friday and stay until the Sunday evening. Its that or a weekend at home. The second site is in Cardiff City Centre because of the events held there it makes an ideal base.

Apart from those 2, we always go for somewhere different.

M

We usually go to The Hythe CC site first time out each year, then different sites all the other times. Hythe is close enough for us to get back home if we've forgotten something - or someone!! - which we invariably do 1st time out.

Might be different next year as Florida looks like our main hols & our lad is going to the Cayman Islands at easter, which is usually our 1st week away of the season.

I refer you to the Rt Hon Member for the 19th Century.....................pictured just to the left of your screen..................

Archived