390 Porch Awning

rickstevens

SWMBO has decided that we need yet another awning (we have 2 already), but she is looking for a 390 porch type awning that can take external storm straps, and is rugged enough to withstand some heavy wind.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

TIA

Rick

My Isabella Porch stood a force 12 in Wales last Summer and was the only one still unaffected in the morning :rolleyes:

I bought it second hand - they're still a bit pricey 2nd hand BUT you do get what you pay for - It's a great awning :D

This is the day AFTER the force 12

Jim

post-34429-0-60923400-1315941199_thumb.jpg

Have a look at the Starcamp (Dorema) Futura 390. We bought one at the beginning of the season and it has really stood upto some bad weather, including a very strong Gale which caught us side on in a very exposed site in St Davids. I emptied as much stuff from inside the awning as I seriously expected it to rip off the van. Our neighbours full awning collapsed, the wind was really that bad!

I won't say it didn't move because it did, it was blowing in and out and but the framework remained solid. Our previous Sunncamp Ultima used to "pop in" in anything above a moderate wind. The steel poles on the front of this awning prevent that from happening and you also gain more internal headroom.

It doesn't have a storm strap but there are plenty of guys. It also has the pad & poles to go against the side of the van.

When it is worn out and time to choose another awning it would either be another Futura or possibly a Kampa Rally 390 which looks identical and also seems to hold up in bad weather. Only one reason and that is because the Kampa comes in a gold/black colour which would match the van :)

Ian

P. S. Pic Attached

post-27086-0-83707900-1316009037_thumb.jpg

Edited by Ian-Ace

Kampa rally 390 Pro great porch awning well made and easy to erect plus storm straps can be added they attach to poles not material so do not put strain on stiches

Kampa rally 390 Pro great porch awning well made and easy to erect plus storm straps can be added they attach to poles not material so do not put strain on stiches

Agreed a top awning esp at the price. ..

Coachman Amara 380/2

many thanks for the suggestions, It would seem that the Kampa Rally 390 pro is by far the more popular of these, so SWMBO and I are going to pop to our local caravan dealers for a look at one. I think we may probably shop around to see if we can get a good deal on price though.

Rick

after searching around the best place and price i found was raymond james caravans just google for address and they post out best price for storm straps or back poles for kampa rally waudby's hope this helps i put in a search for kampa rally pro to find best price then as i was going down past raymond james caravans i picked up the awning then bought the extra straps when i went to waudby's hope this is some help

Edited by ydda2