Markers For Guy Lines

Hi Folks,

Was in Liddle yesterday and noticed some packets of 3M reflective tube things to go on the spokes of cycles , as we have one of those Summer only awnings with thin guy lines Ithought they were ideal for the guy lines, save falling over the lines in the dark ! ( sober tongue.gif!)

cheers david

Strangely, I got some for my bicycle. :D

They might work well as guy markers.

Hi David only draw back there is that they would only shine when lit up with a light,and if like me i have trouble swithing the torch on when i am sober !!! :P

Solar lights? . I use low voltage garden lights outside my awning for seeing the guy ropes and it also deters any unwanted visitors in the awning at night .

Dave

You could change your guy lines for the dayglow yellow ones found in most camping shops - I have never tripped over mine since I changed, and they are quite cheap.

You could change your guy lines for the dayglow yellow ones found in most camping shops - I have never tripped over mine since I changed, and they are quite cheap.

This is what I have done. I added a couple of solar spotlights that point light towards the awning from the peg points at each corner.

Ford C-Max and Coachman Festival 380/2 SE 2006    Motto  Carpe Diem

Still trying to find the perfect pitch. ..110 amp Battery+ 65 watt roof mounted Solar and 25 watt Wind Turbine. LED lighting. Status Aerial 315. Loose chattels marked with UV,. Safefill Gas Fitted.