My First Weekend Away

reevsie

have had my first weekend away in my new van. It was Fantastic. With a capital F

Peace, Quiet, Tranquility, Oh What a beautyful weekend it was.

Only a few bad points. The warden was not on site so a person on the gate told me where to pitch. After we pitched where we were told to the warden arrived. Guess what. I had pitched in the wrong place. Even after I said I was told to pitch "HERE" There was no going back. We are fully booked and you will have to move. Not a problem as I wanted to practice my pitching!!!

Eventually set up in the pitch we had booked I settled down to my new hobby. I loved every minute of it. Took the dog for a 5 mile walk and got lost. On the way back found a beautyful pub and got directions back to my van over 3 pints of local brew. I was just in time for a Sunday dinner. Bless Her. (The wife)

A few minor snags on the new van, but nothing to spoil the weekend. But overall this is the best money I have ever spent. I am self employed working 24/7 But this is the first time in 2 years I have had no internet access, and it was a blessing. Got bac kto work on Monday and am looking forward to my next weekend.

Anybody want to buy a tent?

2011 Nissan Navara Tekna Auto 2. 5 with a 2011 Elddis Super Sirocco behind it

If you are going to get lost when you go out you should invest in a Garmin ETrex It remembers where you have left the van and will point the way back.

Glad you have found the good life at last. :)

Ford C-Max and Coachman Festival 380/2 SE 2006    Motto  Carpe Diem

Still trying to find the perfect pitch. ..110 amp Battery+ 65 watt roof mounted Solar and 25 watt Wind Turbine. LED lighting. Status Aerial 315. Loose chattels marked with UV,. Safefill Gas Fitted.

sounds like you had great fun, and 3 pints before sunday lunch should be a legal requirement, hope you have many more adventures, good luck Stu

Vauxhall Astra Sports Tourer & Elddis Crusader Hurricane

Some site have WiFi and if your phone is GPS enabled the wife can find where you are!!!!

Best idea don't tell her and enjoy your new found hobby of getting lost in the pub.

BMW 530D Touring M Sport auto, Coachman Pastiche 470/2 2011

Sounds like you enjoyed it. I'm also self employed and although i'll still answer calls, text, emails which are work related, I HAVE to go away cos if i'm at home i'll end up taking on more work so when i'm away I physically can't! And caravanning to me is a great way to chill. I choose to take weekends off as I work all week, my Husband does too and the kids are at school. Sometimes we all just pass each other by through the week so the weekends are "family time".

You'll be glad you got "with it":lol:

Compass Shadow 1988

Three pints before Sunday Lunch. .. oh! the memory!!!

Now (late 50's) if I have a swift half at lunchtime I'm either snoozing or have a hangover by 5pm!

Enjoy it whilst you can!!!

G.

Hi all,

What fun to read all the above, used to be the thing to do, go out Sunday lunch have a skin full and return for dinner just as the gravy was making a skin. Then see the light, become a caravaner, enjoy Sunday afternoons wlth the wife and Kids, become self employed,start your own company and it can go backwards again. My advice to all self employed is turn off the phone, don't bother with t'internet, enjoy your wonderful hobby and Quality time with your loved ones whilst you can. Catch ya later,indoors.

" Roughing it, Smoothly " Toyota 3-0 D4D Twincab towing a Hymer Eriba Nova 545 SL

hi Reevsie,

How nice it is to read such a happy - smiley posting. I am really pleased to hear that you enjoyed your first trip with the 'van, and I hope that is just the start of many enjoyable breaks away from home.

All the best for the future of you new-found hobby.

Gordon.