Bulging Floor

haccor

Hi

I have just bought a Swift 470/2, and am looking for a little advice. The floor has got quite a bulge in it around the sink area (middle kitchin) and upon lifting the carpet it seems the wood has really badly bulged and split slightly. Is there anything I can do with this? I was wondering about chopping a section of the floor out (probably about meter squared), and securing some new wood with battons? Im assuming there is a cavity between the floor in the van and the external wood?

The other option of course is just to leave it alone and recarpet!

Any advice appreciated,

Jake

Almost certainly due to delamination. .................... Have a good search on here and you will find loads of similar threads and some well tried and tested cures as well.

Personally speaking, although it will be like shutting the door after the horse has bolted, get your tyres/wheels balanced as it is amazing what a difference properly balanced wheeld can make to the towing performance and structural stability of your van.

Almost certainly due to delamination. .................... Have a good search on here and you will find loads of similar threads and some well tried and tested cures as well.

Personally speaking, although it will be like shutting the door after the horse has bolted, get your tyres/wheels balanced as it is amazing what a difference properly balanced wheeld can make to the towing performance and structural stability of your van.

Thanks very much for the info, amd in the process of looking it up now.

One questions that doesn't seem to be answered, will the buldge go down when I relaminate? It's really noicable at the minute (1/4" buldge!) and doesn't move up and down at all when I jump on it- very solid! Part of me thinks it has gone too far for a relaination ad needs chopping out. .. Is there likely to be a cavity? Will getting it slightly damp help it move?

Not that you have a bee in your bonnet Big Jimmy. :D

Just as an update. ..

I ended up chopping the damaged section out completly, and replacing it with a new section glued in to place. Feels as solid as ever and bulge free!!

Jake