Isabella Fixon 2 Pads

Tandem Man

We have an Isabella Magnum porch awning which we used for the first time this weekend.

Is it OK to leave the Fixon 2 pads in place on the awning when dismantling it or do they have to be put in place each time.

They were a bit fiddly to put into place so I just wondered.

Incidentally has anyone got a spare of the thicker of the two pads from the Fixon,I have managed to lose one.

Ian

Hi Ian,

We used to try and fix them once the awning was in the channel but the van (Pegasus) is just too high and we couldn't reach from the step - found ourselves sliding the awning back and fore so that we could reach from the doorway! Now we put the pads in place before we thread the awning through the channel, but we do try to hold it out from the van whilst tugging it through. We can manage to undo the pads before removing the awning as no pressure is needed then. No marks on the van!

Glen.

Hi Ian,

We used to try and fix them once the awning was in the channel but the van (Pegasus) is just too high and we couldn't reach from the step - found ourselves sliding the awning back and fore so that we could reach from the doorway! Now we put the pads in place before we thread the awning through the channel, but we do try to hold it out from the van whilst tugging it through. We can manage to undo the pads before removing the awning as no pressure is needed then. No marks on the van!

Glen.

Yes that seems a good idea,putting them on before threading through the awning rail,will give it a go.

Ian

I can guarantee that 2 of my 3 Magnum fixons will have 1 or more earwigs taking refuge so I always take mine off (and soak in battery acid!!)

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, had the same problem, I overcame it by putting my tool box on the step and having a plank of wood the same size as the tool box to even my weight. Works so far a treat, some might say an accident waiting to happen, however I'm very careful.

G

I always leave mine in place - never had a problem with earwigs there - only under the mud walls :/

We have just put our Isabella up for the first time, and there is no way, being vertically challenged that I could reach to get the centre fixon in place, the side ones were no trouble. However, being short we carry a small three step alluminium step so managed fine with that and of course the centre rafter pole. Didnt find them at all fiddly to fit. The curtain runners were a different matter.