Mirrors

Yes they are good but you can get the wrong type if you are not careful.

I have a flat on the drivers side and convex on the passenger.

You need to try them if possible because the flat is quite a narrow view compare to some types.

The convex type is not good for reversing as it gives a false view of distance.

I do use them and the electric mirror on the car allows you to adjust the passenger side easily.

I also have a set of clip-on mirrors but the Suck-it and See wins hands down (for me)

Edited by Lefthand Down

Ford C-Max and Coachman Festival 380/2 SE 2006    Motto  Carpe Diem

Still trying to find the perfect pitch. ..110 amp Battery+ 65 watt roof mounted Solar and 25 watt Wind Turbine. LED lighting. Status Aerial 315. Loose chattels marked with UV,. Safefill Gas Fitted.

I used to use them and they vibrate because they rely on the plastic fixing and the cars mirror vibrates also adding to it . A set fixed to the mirror housing is a much more solid mount and does not vibrate giving a clearer view .

Dave

Edited by CommanderDave

They are supplied with a looped elastic cord to fit around the morror as well as the sucker . This is for when they inevitably fall off !! tried them as they came with van, now changed to clamp on type much better.

Bob

I have been using them ever since they came out and as others have said use a flat on drivers side, convex on passenger side. There are, as with all things, advantages and disadvantages.

Advantages are :-

• that they are easy to fix,
  • can be adjusted as you drive along using car electric mirrors
  • I never have any vibrations from mine, I don't see how you can get any as my car mirrors never vibrate.

Disadvantages are

• I bought a second set because the originals did not have the EU markings on (ridiculous legislation) I think that the originals were better quality
  • mirror glass is fairly small compared to other types but I have never found this a problem
  • they will not stick if the car mirror glass is wet so you have to dry can be a two man job if it is pouring down.
  • A lot of people say they have problems with them falling off I have only had this happen two or three times and it was my fault, if you have heated car mirrors and turn them on then they do come unstuck
  • A couple of times I have had them start to swing round but on each occasion it has been when they were put on in the wet, didn't get car mirror dry enough.

I however would never go back to other types of mirrors

ElBeardo smile.gif

I have been using them ever since they came out and as others have said use a flat on drivers side, convex on passenger side. There are, as with all things, advantages and disadvantages.

Advantages are :-

• that they are easy to fix,
  • can be adjusted as you drive along using car electric mirrors
  • I never have any vibrations from mine, I don't see how you can get any as my car mirrors never vibrate.

Disadvantages are

• I bought a second set because the originals did not have the EU markings on (ridiculous legislation) I think that the originals were better quality
  • mirror glass is fairly small compared to other types but I have never found this a problem
  • they will not stick if the car mirror glass is wet so you have to dry can be a two man job if it is pouring down.
  • A lot of people say they have problems with them falling off I have only had this happen two or three times and it was my fault, if you have heated car mirrors and turn them on then they do come unstuck
  • A couple of times I have had them start to swing round but on each occasion it has been when they were put on in the wet, didn't get car mirror dry enough.

I however would never go back to other types of mirrors

ElBeardo smile.gif

worth reading,thanks!jockey wheel;)

I bought a pair but found that they disrupted the view through the car mirrors. Now use Milenco Aero mirrors and leave the others in the caravan as spares.