How Many Nights

madatter

not one nighters but we do nip of after work on a friday and then come home sunday, find a lovely little cl about an hour from home and have some great times, martin

Once a year I do a "1 night stand".

My boy plays rugby and during the summer they have a camp, where folks bring tents for a night.

We, however, live in the lap of luxury, and I take the van.

Regards,

Steve

It can be a good opportunity to have a Pub Meal and Drink on a Saturday Night. A lot of PUBS have a CL close by. It does avoid the drink driving problem

We don't do it now but a local CL behind the pub was a favourite ONE NIGHT venue. The local Sailing Club Regatta was another opportunity.

The cost of pub drinks is now so high compared to having a drink on the caravan Meets we have changed our ways and stay on site.

Ford C-Max and Coachman Festival 380/2 SE 2006    Motto  Carpe Diem

Still trying to find the perfect pitch. ..110 amp Battery+ 65 watt roof mounted Solar and 25 watt Wind Turbine. LED lighting. Status Aerial 315. Loose chattels marked with UV,. Safefill Gas Fitted.

when our van was parked down near our house we would sometimes go away just for a night but now it's kept up in storage it's too much bother to go away get it and go just for 1 night. But as LHD says it is a good idea if planning a night out and if you can get a site close by to where your going it would probably be cheaper than getting a taxi home.

Not these days. ..being retired even a weekend is sometimes too short unless combined with a 5 nighter or better. ..

geoff

Kia Sorento KX-1 CRDI 4WD towing an Elddis Affinity 530

Yes, a one night stopover is sometimes useful, for example if we are visiting a country show or similar, and don't want to rush off immediately. It's often possible to negotiate a late departure too, so we don't have to move until mid afternoon.

Gordon.

Fourwinds Hurricane 31D Motorhome. Also MGTF135 1. 8i Roadster (fun) & Volvo V70 3.2Ltr LPG (everyday car)
Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan and Motorhome Talk.

One nighters are often difficult to pre book, so I tend to camp out on Premier Inn or Toby Carvery car parks! Never been refused yet and we spend a few bob in the restaurant/bar.

Russell

Online blog and travels, although sometimes there is a lack of travel due to work!

It's an uncharted sea, it's an unopened door but you've got to reach out and you've got to explore.

We prefer to use the van for at least 2 nights at a time to make it worth it but last weekend we only stayed in the van for 1 night and as the weather was so poor i'm glad we weren't there for much longer!

We didn't need to tow the van to the site as I left it sited after bank hol as I was a bit tired of towing. With this hurricane forecast the plan was to travel to the van on Saturday, stay in it Sat night and tow the van home Sunday morning, as usual the forecast was wrong and the bad winds came in Saturday night and so I decided not to tow back on Sunday as it was pretty windy by Sunday morning! So we will try again this weekend but will probably go down on Friday if it isn't pouring down.

Was nice to stay in the van but by the time we got to there and unpacked everything, it wasn't really worth it.

Ian

One a king, always a king, but once a knight is enough!

Sorry, couldn't resist!

Steve

we don't do 'one nighters' can't see the point in taking the 'van out over night, minimum 2 nights for us to make it worth while, even tho' our 'van lives at home on the drive

the greatest benefit for the greatest number

We have been away 15 times this year for one nighters

Leave early morning arrive at site by 9am pitched and set by 11 at latest do what we like leave site late afternoon following day

Bearing in mind I go to warner farm in Selsey midweek

Alwayys get a pitch as they sell mon-fri or fri-sun

Happy to allow us one night and we work shifts so it perfect all round really

Have got into the habit of wife and I dropping kids off at parents in law in warwickshire in March and then heading off to Harbury fields early doors on Sat, pitch up, off to Leamington Spa for a leisurely shop and lunch and then a lovely relaxing early evening before heading off for a lovely pub meal! bliss! Sunday a nice breakfast and then back to parents in law for a pint and lunch before heading home!

Archived