Thetford Toilet

Halohodge

Just had the van serviced and on holiday in Yorkshire and ha ho the toilet wont flush, brilliant !!!!!!!. Anything I can do whilst I am away for 2 weeks. The van a Bailey Ranger GT/60 series 6, 2009, checked the 3 amp fuse ok, what else can I do apart from waiting for 2 weeks to go to the toilet.

Advice please,

Halohodge

There is some wires in roof the compartment where you put the cassete you may have caught these when taking the cassete out or empting the flush tank

Assuming this is an electric flush - the switch can fail - it's a daft idea putting it in a damp place. Also, the wires connected to it go via crimped on connectors which can corrode.

You can lever the curved plate off the top of the tank with something flat-bladed - I find a putty knife ideal - and check these out.

In the interim, just a swill from a jug of water will probably do the trick.

It could be the Pc board at the back of the blue button thats come out of its clips, gently prise the the blue button plate up with electrical screw driver, you will see if the board has parted from the backing plate, you can clip it back in.

Nigel H

Had the same thing happen last week on my Indiana, luckily it's just in warranty, phoned the dealers workshop to get it booked in. They told me it was almost certainly the little circuit board or the pump itself.

Theses are both readily available, at dealers. The circuit board is at the back behind the cassette, just push the little contacts at the front of the board and pull it up. To release the pump look up just inside the front of the compartment and you should see two blue finger things, these need to be pulled apart a little. You can then pull the whole assembly down and replace the pump. You will need two bullet connectors (They may come with the replacement pump) as you have to cut the cable to the old pump. Quite straight forward though.

Before you replace the pump . .. the impeller in the pump can seize - I flicked mine round with a toothpick 2 years ago and its worked fine ever since.

Thanks for your suggestions, I will have a look at them and see if it works, hopefully, the jug of water is already in operation.