Abi Jubilee Envoy Electrics

rodders1

new to caravan so thats why iv come to pick your brains before i go & hand money out. ..

anyway iv just bought an abi jubilee envoy private sale and now iv got it home iv hooked it up to the house with the power cable turned the mains on at the trip switch and pressed a button on on a logic box that i think is to charge the battery.

the light on this lights up & says mains but when i turn the switch to caravan on the caravan or car switch iv got no power & the power gauge doesnt move. also on top of this logic box it has a connection that joins the cables together with a space for 2 spade fuses to go, which arent there. could this be the problem & if so what size fuses go in this connection.

could it be that the battery is dead as a doornail.

or could it be the swiitch on the board by the caravan power gauge.

there is a bank of fuses underneath these switches which i have checked they all seem ok and cant find any in-line fuses by the battery. the only space by the battery for fuses is on this logic box right next the the mains in board.

there is another bank by the mains in but they have been checked again all seem ok.

its my own fault for not checking the electrics but the van was advertised with mains hook up so i never took mine with me stupid but anyway when i got there had nothing to hook up with he said the van had been in storage for 2 months so i thought battery must be dead so i asked him to jump start the battery of his car which wouldnt charge so there you go. ...

any help greatly recieved. ..

iv tried to upload a photo to show you it says its to big so if anyone who can help me wants to see pic of this logic box id be happy to mail it to you. ..

thanks again. ..

Edited by rodders1

It could be any one of these things and I don't know your caravan intimately.

Can you measure the terminal voltage of the battery with a multimeter on the 20V range ?

Try putting a small fuse like 5A in the empty fuseholders and see if the fault clears.

They could and probably are rated bigger in reality, but without more info in the wiring of your caravan model, I don't know.

if it is the fuses, the electrics will either work or the fuse will immediately blow - either way - you will know what is causing your lack of power.

After trying all the above (with a good fuse in the spade terminals), try turning the rocker switch near the voltmeter on the panel, to both positions and see if you get a voltmeter reading.

no i understand your questions the reason i asked about the battery is that i dont have a multi-meter & if i did wouldnt know what to do with it. ..

also is the in-line fuse a glass one, 5amp as i have found one in the logic box next to the mains switch that lights up its screwed in. ..

surely if iv got power coming in to the trip swich board & the mains light is on on the logic box or the charger for battery if this is it, the problem must be after that point to the tumble switch if thats what its called. ..

also thanks for your time. ..dave. ..

my mate next door has got a meter thing there looks like a fat pen with battery test 1 & another test program & a lot of red lights then a wire & another pen looking thing is this one & if so any chance you could advice me what to do with it as he hasnt got a clue what to do with it, he doesnt even know where it come from. if i could send you photos i would if this would help in any way. .but it wont let me upload them. ..

Edited by rodders1

@rodders . ..

any chance of you asking the vendor how it all works???

i would if i could get hold of them now iv paid ill probably never speak to them again, basically its my own fault & i know the issue is after the power in & battery charger,iv got to check the fuses barry advised which i think is good advise as there missing, other than the power coming in or battery problem or charger it cant be that hard either a brake in the wire or dodgy tumble switch.

first port of call for me is the missing fuses. ..as barry advised. ..

sorry about the delay chaps kids birthdays & stuff, anyway tried the fuses with different sizes still no joy also done the tumble switch to caravan -car back & forth no response again checked all the fuses even the bank by the tumble switch all ok checked the wiring cant see any breaks anywhere but power still getting in as far as fuse board & battery charger but not the caravan switch.

penny for your thoughts. ..

To be honest, its not that difficult - I would find the cheapest person who can work out the circuit and wield a multimeter to measure logically to pinpoint the fault.

I don't know who has the highest hourly rate - an auto-electrician or a caravan dealer ?

I'd do it for you if you weren't so far away.

I can't help with your electrics but photographs you need to send may be reduced by downloading a super little bit of software called PICSIZER.

http://www. photo-freeware. net/picsizer. php

Edited by Lefthand Down

Ford C-Max and Coachman Festival 380/2 SE 2006    Motto  Carpe Diem

Still trying to find the perfect pitch. ..110 amp Battery+ 65 watt roof mounted Solar and 25 watt Wind Turbine. LED lighting. Status Aerial 315. Loose chattels marked with UV,. Safefill Gas Fitted.

If it says 12. 24V it probably means your battery needs charging. :D

Seriously though, its probably time to get someone to have a look.

It will probably not take them long to pin it down - its likely something simple.

Edited by Barry J

If the battery is not powering anything (judging by your previous posts, its not), its not flat, but is about 50% charged (or 50% discharged depending how you look at it).

Its worth taking your battery off and charging it up as an aside, but I don't think it's the cause of the problem.

thanks for that just downloaded havent got a clue what to do with that. ..

You said I've tried to upload a photo to show you it says its to big. The Picsizer will make it smaller for you.

Still trying to find the perfect pitch. ..110 amp Battery+ 65 watt roof mounted Solar and 25 watt Wind Turbine. LED lighting. Status Aerial 315. Loose chattels marked with UV,. Safefill Gas Fitted.

http://www. photo-freeware. net/pixresizer. php

This one may be better for you.

as far as picture resizers go. .. i would recommend 100% the offering from Microsoft (providing you are on a PC as opposed to a Mac)

it is available in the 'powertoys' section of the windows free software - do a google search for 'Powertoys resizer' : ) . this works seemlessly from a R click context menu and is really really easy to use. If you are using XP it is very slightly different.

heres a linky : http://windows. microsoft. com/en-US/windows/downloads/windows-xp

Edited by digga

charged the battery it was dead but either way before i charged it up i noticed an led on in an exstension cable thats fitted so i tryed another one the sockets had power as well as water heater. all the lights wouldnt work till the battery had juice in it anyway i presume the sockets & stuff run of 240/12v & the lights run of the 12v battery anyway we have power.

thanks again for your help.

now to sort the damp out. ..