Sloping Pitch

dc8loadie

Hi, i am on a sloping pitch at present, i have the wheels on milenco ramps to raise the rear end, however, i was quite worried about the slope and have left my mover engaged to stop the caravan moving, will this damage my tyres or the mover ?? I will be here for 9 days, or will the handbrake and steadies be sufficient to stop any movement ?

I have left my mover on for the odd week with no apparent problem. Aren't there chocks with the ramps though?

Guest Benzowner

Hand brake and steadies are fine, but if you still feel unsure, chock the wheels. The caravan mover can cause tyre problems if ledt on too long

Hand brake and steadies are fine, but if you still feel unsure, chock the wheels. The caravan mover can cause tyre problems if ledt on too long

I would agree with Benzowner, the rollers could damage the tyre walls locally due to the force of the ram, the instruction which come with mine stated remove the rollers as soon as you have completed your moving.

Hi DC, I would be inclined (pardon the pun) to agree with your thinking on this issue and would use the locked on movers if there was no other safe method to arrest the caravan. My only worry like yours would be concerning the increased pressure exerted on the tyres by the mover to a very small surface area over an extended period. You must be parked up on a pretty serious slope to have to raise the wheels to allow clearance to the back-end of the van :o maybe a ruddy great spiked stake would help in place of the jockey wheel. Best of luck.

Hi, i am on a sloping pitch at present, i have the wheels on milenco ramps to raise the rear end, however, i was quite worried about the slope and have left my mover engaged to stop the caravan moving, will this damage my tyres or the mover ?? I will be here for 9 days, or will the handbrake and steadies be sufficient to stop any movement ?

Thousands of caravanners including myself don't have a motor mover and have never had problems on sloping pitches.

I suggest that you disengage your motor mover.

Archived