Wet Porch Awning

jsb

We store our van in storage. ...Sods law means our porch awning is often damp/wet when we pack-up and leave site. Normally I sling the porch awning in the car and dry it at home.

However - I just wondered if any would recommend leaving the porch awning loose, in the front locker rather than cart it home from storage ?

It all depends on how long you are going to leave it and how much it will cost to replace when it goes all mouldy.

Hang it on the clothes line when you get home is my advice.

Ford C-Max and Coachman Festival 380/2 SE 2006    Motto  Carpe Diem

Still trying to find the perfect pitch. ..110 amp Battery+ 65 watt roof mounted Solar and 25 watt Wind Turbine. LED lighting. Status Aerial 315. Loose chattels marked with UV,. Safefill Gas Fitted.

We store our van in storage. ...Sods law means our porch awning is often damp/wet when we pack-up and leave site. Normally I sling the porch awning in the car and dry it at home.

However - I just wondered if any would recommend leaving the porch awning loose, in the front locker rather than cart it home from storage ?

Though awnings tend to be made of synthetic materials that will not actually rot if stored wet, they can get mould growing on them which sometimes stains permanently, can make the awning smell horrible inside and can affect your respiration and health if you breathe in the fungal spores when you use it later.

Edited by lottie

Ye I agree, not sure what front locker you have but mine sticks out from the caravan a bit as it's an older caravan and does get wet with leaves inside sometimes so it realy is only for gas bottles and anything else you don't mind getting wet

Compass Shadow 1988

Take it home and and dry it on the line or similar.

Drying a full awning at home (and ours is only a titchy 800cm job) is quite a task if you had to pack it away damp. Especially if the weather isn't any better when you get home. We hang a temporary washing line in the garage to drape it over. We've also used the stair well indoors, hanging it over the landing bannisters.