We Bought A Cadac

Wayneskie

So we bought a Cadac,

While away for just last night we had steak with a pre prepared potato salad and some grilled red onion (and a bag of salad from the supermarket). We cooked on the griddle surface. All was washed down with a lovey Sancerre.

This morning we had cumberland sausages, smoked bacon (both from the wonderfull Frost's of Chorlton) with fresh tomatoes and toast. All were cooked on the flat surface reverse of the griddle pan.

The neighbours were well envious!

We are going for a longer period to the lakes in October and looking forward to using the Scottle pan.

Wonderfull.

Wayneskie

http://www. cadac. co. za/index. php?page=recipes

You may want to visit this site then.

Ford C-Max and Coachman Festival 380/2 SE 2006    Motto  Carpe Diem

Still trying to find the perfect pitch. ..110 amp Battery+ 65 watt roof mounted Solar and 25 watt Wind Turbine. LED lighting. Status Aerial 315. Loose chattels marked with UV,. Safefill Gas Fitted.

So we bought a Cadac,

While away for just last night we had steak with a pre prepared potato salad and some grilled red onion (and a bag of salad from the supermarket). We cooked on the griddle surface. All was washed down with a lovey Sancerre.

This morning we had cumberland sausages, smoked bacon (both from the wonderfull Frost's of Chorlton) with fresh tomatoes and toast. All were cooked on the flat surface reverse of the griddle pan.

The neighbours were well envious!

We are going for a longer period to the lakes in October and looking forward to using the Scottle pan.

Wonderfull.

Wayneskie

a mate of mine has just bought one and says why didnt he get one earlier,they are mint,when we stopped at waren this year the guy next to us brian used one most days and the smell of smoked bacon was just what caravannings about,i will definately get one,think its a man thing we just love bbq's

russ

Use ours every day when we are in the caravan. A perfect piece of equipment, easy to use and keep clean! rolleyes.gif

2019 Bailey Platinum (640) Phoenix from Chipping Sodbury caravans, towed by our  2017 my Discovery Sport!

Wayneskie,

Now why would you want to wash down your Cadac with sacerre?

After a couple of years it will be carbon crusted like mine, then you will have to use soap and water like me!

Tom

Wayneskie

Is it half term week you are in Lakes? If it is and its the C&CC site at Keswick, I could call and sample the Cadac before buying one (bring the bacon with me).

Wayneskie

Is it half term week you are in Lakes? If it is and its the C&CC site at Keswick, I could call and sample the Cadac before buying one (bring the bacon with me).

Sorry but it deffinately will not be half term in the lakes! Finding it hard enought to book sites even in term time, especially via the CC website.

If you do bump into us, there's always a spare bottle in the fridge though!

You'll rcognise us by my C5 Tourer very succesfully towing our Ace Supreme Twinstar!

Edited by Wayneskie

Not sure you can do steak in a paella pan?

Think you can!

http://www. mycaravan. ..Cadac/Steak. jpg

http://www. mycaravan. org. uk/Cadac. html

Regards

Dave

Edited by caraman1

Get yourself a Paella Pan and you can dispose of the rest ! It is fantastic and so so easy to clean as has been highlighted on a number of threads on this site.

Yeah,

i must have been asleep ! Our cadac is 5 years old and still going strong. We have also just got the Paella pan and its brilliant. leave the rest at home as suggested you just dont need them.

Jt

Coachman Pastiche

Had mine for 3 years now and am very pleased with it, I like making patterns in the meat with the griddle pan.

Tried the bbq and deflector plate for the 1st time last weekend at clumba park, bought the wrong burgers though, as the fat gathered in the blue bit it caught fire, Plenty of smoke and a "burning ring of fire" :D

Never used the scottle pan yet, what is that for?? I do fancy a paela pan though, love the stuff.

Edited by rubberscrubber

I take the point about the Paella pan, its certainly a decent piece of kit. What about the rest though:

How many use the Skottel?

The Griddle? I think that could be bigger, doesnt match my old Beauclaire.

Anyone use the pan Stand?

Beginning to think a lot of the Cadac is wasted expense.

Had mine for 3 years now and am very pleased with it, I like making patterns in the meat with the griddle pan.

Tried the bbq and deflector plate for the 1st time last weekend at clumba park, bought the wrong burgers though, as the fat gathered in the blue bit it caught fire, Plenty of smoke and a "burning ring of fire" :D

Never used the scottle pan yet, what is that for?? I do fancy a paela pan though, love the stuff.

The bbq griddle goes on top of the deflector plate which both go on top of the black fat collector pan - which is where the fat should collect - NOT on the blue burner ! What a nightmare that must have been !!!! The type of burgers are irrellevant ! :rolleyes:

The ridged grill plate should go on the black fat collector pan too.

The skottle pan is a shallow wok.

We have used the pan holder a few times for warming up a stew in a big casserole dish that we brought from home. We had guests for dinner and it was easier to make it at home and bring it with us. And the casserole dish wouldn't fit in the caravan's oven !

We also tend to just use the paella pan for everything except roasts - we bought the roasting dish for that.

Edited by Shirl250

Yea my mistake, I did use the fat catching pan and yes that is black, but the fat caught alight in a nice burning ring

Phew ! That's good to hear ! The only time that's happened to us was when I had the flame too high because it was windy ! I should have put the wind break up instead !

Sorry to go against the flow, but we bought a Cadac, used it a couple of times (it was okay) and then got rid of it. At the time our space was a bit limited and we found it a pain in the backside to pack, with the big dome and various cooking plates, and pretty heavy, too. Sold it on ebay so wasn't too sad. Now we use a bistro gas stove and a griddle/frying pan - cost less than £25 - if we want to barbecue we've got a bucket barbie. It all tucks away in one of the lockers and weighs not much at all. I loved the idea of the Cadac but it just didn't work for us.

C