Caravan Diary - September Travels 3 - Hereford

ChrisG46

We're moving westward now, and spent a couple of nights at the Hereford Camping & Caravanning Club site - which I thought was an outstanding example of the kind of franchise site the Club is promoting, owned by individual proprietors, but run to Club standards and part of the Club system.

It also has an outstandingly good-looking and well-managed fishing lake - highly attractive to some caravanners, I know!

http://www. caravandiary. co. uk/?p=160

Hi

I stayed at Hereford CCC in the summer - it's a lovely place and the staff/owners are fab. I dare n't print the wit we exchanged in the reception, but even I (almost) blushed!

Russell

Online blog and travels, although sometimes there is a lack of travel due to work!

It's an uncharted sea, it's an unopened door but you've got to reach out and you've got to explore.

I'm just sorry that the weather is being so poor for so many sites this autumn - and for my holiday, too!

But isn't that the best part of caravanning?! Being lulled to sleep by being gently rocked by a brisk breeze and the tiny pitter patter of rain drops the size of basket balls falling on the roof of the 'van?! Especially when I'm tucked up nice and snug in my duvet :blink::D

Diefer

You really should if you possibly can - I've fancied doing something similar for years, and I think we all should do the things we really want to, regardless of difficulties!

There's just so many damn things that get in the way . . .

You really should if you possibly can - I've fancied doing something similar for years, and I think we all should do the things we really want to, regardless of difficulties!

There's just so many damn things that get in the way . . .

Yeah, the biggest thing in the way is bloody work! :angry: . ...Now where did I put my winning Lotto ticket. ...... :lol:

Diefer

How did you find towing in the wind, Chris?

I travelled to the new forest yesterday and those strong winds created some scary moments!

I bet Chris found it a bit easier than most with his fold down caravan! :)

Indeed, I forgot he had the gobur!

Yeah, the biggest thing in the way is bloody work! :angry: . ...Now where did I put my winning Lotto ticket. ...... :lol:

Diefer

The key, Diefer, is to not worry to much - I quit work back in 2000, when I was 53, and haven't had what you could call a "proper job" since. I went sailing for a year, travelling for a year, and messing about for much longer! I suppose you could call making The Caravan Channel and UK boating programmes for 5 years hard work, but I thoroughly enjoyed it . . .

The biggest thing in the way worrying about stuff . .

Don't plan too much - I had a little heart attack back in 98 - and that changed my life so much for the better, although I had to go through a year or two of rubbish on the way.

Prior to that, I had it all planned out, too . . .

Archived