Bailey Bunk Bed Weight Limit!

murraymint

Does anyone know what is the recommended limit for anyone using the bunk beds on the Pegasus Ancona? I can't find anything in the literature. They are 6' 3" long so will fit adults, but in previous caravans I have owned the fixed bunks have had a clearly labeled sticker indicating a weight limit of approx 50kg.

I need a caravan with bunks for my growing kids & like the look of the peg. But the bunks need to accept adult weights.

Cheers

Our Pegasus 546 is also rated at 75KG's although I would think headroom would be a bit limited for an adult and width is tight on ours unless the new Peg's our wider.

Does anyone know what is the recommended limit for anyone using the bunk beds on the Pegasus Ancona? I can't find anything in the literature. They are 6' 3" long so will fit adults, but in previous caravans I have owned the fixed bunks have had a clearly labeled sticker indicating a weight limit of approx 50kg.

I need a caravan with bunks for my growing kids & like the look of the peg. But the bunks need to accept adult weights.

Cheers

On my Ancona there is a sticker on the middle bunk that gives a max weight of 75kgs. My 14 yearold son (now just under 5'6") sleeps very comfortably on the bottom bunk, which of course has no weight limit. My 7 year old Daughter loves the top bunk, and noticed straight away that she has more head room than our previous caravan (series 7 Bretagne). The 3 year old has made the middle bunk home, and I am rather amazed at how quickly he has adapted to getting in and out of the bunk.

Thanks everybody for your help - 75kg is what I needed to know and would be fine for my growing kids. Just off to see the new Olympus 540-5 - two bunks would be fine for us and it looks like a lot more room for each bunk.

Cheers

If the olympus has the same lay out as our GT 60 with 3 bunks on the side wall it is tons better than the Pegy,.

Also the weight limit is 75 KG

Thanks everybody for your help - 75kg is what I needed to know and would be fine for my growing kids. Just off to see the new Olympus 540-5 - two bunks would be fine for us and it looks like a lot more room for each bunk.

Cheers

As soon as finances allow we're going to trade in our GT60 500/5 for something with fixed bunks for the kids and a bigger bathroom. So we popped in to Flintshire caravans today to take a look at the 540-5 and compare it to the Ancona. I've been considering the Ancona for a couple of months as it seemed to fit the bill perfectly. .....until today.

We only have two kids (2 and 4 yrs old) so losing the extra bunk isn't a problem and the extra headroom plus storage the twin bunk set up gives us is a real bonus. The Olympus is a little narrower than the Peggy but as it's the same width as our current van it's not really an issue. Myself and the wife both prefer the colour of the Oly's Panama upholstery. The Oly also has the same window and blind set up as our currrent van while the Peggy has a different set up with a blind that is raised from the bottom and a fly screen that is dropped down from the top. It's the same as the Unicorn the in-laws have just bought. Like my wife the mother-in-law likes to read in bed so in the mornings she'd just lift the blind by an inch or two to let in enough light to read by. In the new van she can't do this and it REALLY annoys her.

Add these to the saving of £1400 and I'd be bonkers to go for the Peggy.

Another point in favour of the older style Baileys (Ranger, Bretagne, Oly 546 and Peg (i) 546 - is the fact that there is a solid closing door to the end bedroom. Apart from the privacy issue its much easier to get the children to go to sleep when they are separated by a door rather than a curtain. Also gives them a separate room for clothes, toys, DVD s etc