Caravan Keys

flat pack

hello all, just typed my caravan key numbers into ebay, and there they are all for sale, door key locker keys, my door lock number is stamped on the outer barrell, if i was a looking a stealing a caravan thats the way to do it :(, now looking at measures to remove numbers, if that would help B), hope this helps

Don't forget to make a note of your before you erase it. :rolleyes:

Ford C-Max and Coachman Festival 380/2 SE 2006    Motto  Carpe Diem

Still trying to find the perfect pitch. ..110 amp Battery+ 65 watt roof mounted Solar and 25 watt Wind Turbine. LED lighting. Status Aerial 315. Loose chattels marked with UV,. Safefill Gas Fitted.

Funny thread actually. Over the weekend I was away. As most folk know I have an abi ace ambassador, seasonal, next to the storage area. A relitive has a late70's / early 80's Lunar. When i'm there I always go in, check over etc. We have a key to each other's caravan in case one of us is up and runs out of teabags or something :unsure:

Anyway, I didn't run out of anything but last night done my usual slow walk round the storage area with the dog and decided to check his caravan - only when I locked the door I realised i'd used MY caravan key and it opened and locked his door no problem :o

Compass Shadow 1988

I think you will find it is fact the template and not as you are thinking the cut key. When you go into Mr M***** or any other key cutting shop they check the number on the key to get a blank for that model number as keys come in all shapes and sizes. Your key is then used in conjunction with this blank to cut a duplicate. That's what the number on the key is for, not to identify your individual key tooth pattern :)

so you think someone with 50 keys are going to come and try them all in your caravan door . .. now put your house key number in ebay . . my back door key fits the neighbours house

I think you will find number on key does refer to touth pattern WD. ... - I believe there are 199 variants available.

Was most useful recently when we lost a set of keys - got dupliacte from ebay for £2. 49

We have a high security key for door (recent sterling) with FW. ..... code - These need to be ordered so not quite so readily available.

Until recently,like last 6 or 7 years, most makes were covered by as little as 5 different key patterns. ...it was often easy to find someone with a key if you were locked out. ..not so easy now. ....

geoff

Kia Sorento KX-1 CRDI 4WD towing an Elddis Affinity 530

Well the key for my caravan that opened my cousin's caravan over the weekend was actually a spare for my caravan i'd got cut. I remember going into the key place, askng for a spare key and he said the key he was using was one probably used for a shed / garage but don't know how the numbers work.

If the numbers are just a guide to the type / size of key you need, how did a spare key for my ace ambassador fit a Lunar??:blink: Just wondering that's all. It was that snug a fit like I say I didn't realise until I went to lock the door and noticed it was my spare key i'd used to get into his. And no it wasn't a mistake cos both our caravan keys are silver yet my spare's gold and it was this I had.

Compass Shadow 1988

Like anything there are only so many key pattern combinations, same as music I guess, every now and then someone comes out with a song where part of it sounds very much like something else :)

Archived