Unicorn Valencia Electrics

bivvyman

Hi, how do you remove the screw covers on the switches / sockets . I could remove them but would damage them in the process .

I need access as have a loose wire, as switching on the kettle (650 watt) trips out the Alde water heater switch . ( Both switches are in the same block) The only way to turn the heater back on at the minute is to physically push in the switch casing until you hear the relay trip .

Thanks in advance

Hi, how do you remove the screw covers on the switches / sockets . I could remove them but would damage them in the process .

I need access as have a loose wire, as switching on the kettle (650 watt) trips out the Alde water heater switch . ( Both switches are in the same block) The only way to turn the heater back on at the minute is to physically push in the switch casing until you hear the relay trip .

Thanks in advance

Find the smallest drill you have, needle size is ideal, drill the screw cover off centre, be careful not to push too hard or the drill my snap, this then lifts the cap off.

Because the cover is black you don't notice the hole, well i don't.

Other method is to Pratt about with a jewelers screwdriver, trying to prise it off, I've scratched a few covers in the past with this method, so don't use it anymore.

To answe your post, yes the Unicorn is new - less than a month old, yes its under warranty - though are you saying Im not allowed to fix

Arn't Unicorns new vans, warrenty issue?

Hi thanks for the advice - very useful

Find the smallest drill you have, needle size is ideal, drill the screw cover off centre, be careful not to push too hard or the drill my snap, this then lifts the cap off.

Because the cover is black you don't notice the hole, well i don't.

Other method is to Pratt about with a jewelers screwdriver, trying to prise it off, I've scratched a few covers in the past with this method, so don't use it anymore.

I presume they are Clipsal sockets.

If you damage the screw covers trying to get them off, just buy the cheapest Clipsal socket you can find on Ebay and use the caps that come with it to make good.

I've never tried contacting Clipsal UK to see if they sell them loose, but there probably isn't much in it cost-wise.

Thanks in advance

Wooden 'cocktail stick' worked for me. Just flipped them out.

A piece of gaffer tape would probably lift them out with no damage? :D

Hi, thought I would update and let you know how the experts pop out the screw covers - Went to Greentrees of Dereham Annual Rally over the weekend and they had a technician who would sort out any issues, my electric issue turned out to be a duff heater switch, duly replaced . The guy popped out the covers with a Stanley blade, simply put the blade in and flick out the cover - simples

• 2 weeks later...
Hi, thought I would update and let you know how the experts pop out the screw covers - Went to Greentrees of Dereham Annual Rally over the weekend and they had a technician who would sort out any issues, my electric issue turned out to be a duff heater switch, duly replaced . The guy popped out the covers with a Stanley blade, simply put the blade in and flick out the cover - simples

Thanks very much for your info, as I was a bit stuck as to how to get at the screws, I flicked out the two screw covers with a small blade from my penknife, "simples", I ordered additional tv socket from the Bailey dealer and am about to remove the 13A switch socket by the tv, and fit a new double socket, for the 13A switch and tv socket together,(never done anything like this before in terms of cutting up caravan panel!!!) Hopefully, I can feed the cable down from this space to the bottom cupboard and run along to the battery box. I will probably be using Greentrees of Dereham for servicing.

E-mailed Bailey with questions about the Unicorn, including why no satellite connection, but have had no reply as yet. My first post, and find the forum very useful.