Site In Switzerland Wanted In November

Hi

We are looking for a site that is open in November, ideally 1 - 2 hours from the French/Swiss border at Basle. I am struggling on this one.

Any suggestions?

Cheers

Russell

Online blog and travels, although sometimes there is a lack of travel due to work!

It's an uncharted sea, it's an unopened door but you've got to reach out and you've got to explore.

Currently planning for Christmas in Switzerland and we also are looking for sites in that area but for mid December and again in mid January.

This one looks the most promising at the moment.

Should be ideal, since we will be following your toll free route from Calais (many thanks) and using it as a last stop before Interlaken. May stay a couple of nights southbound and do the Basel Christmas markets.

http://www. eurocampings. co. uk/en/europe/switzerland/espace---swiss-plateau/campsite-vermes-110598/

regards, Phil60

Mmm

The Campsites own website suggests an October closing date. I have sent an email and will report back!

Russell

Online blog and travels, although sometimes there is a lack of travel due to work!

It's an uncharted sea, it's an unopened door but you've got to reach out and you've got to explore.

There is only one site we have stopped at in Switzerland but I do not know it is where you need to be and that is www. camping-stuhlegg. ch at Krattingen it is a wonderful site and in the ACSI Camping Card book it is open all year. Hope this helps. More on my website about this site.

This site is open all year, We have not stayed here over Christmas but late into the season. It is a very nice site with a good mixture of campers of all age groups. There is a train station here which will take you to anywhere in Switzerland. On the times that we have spent here we have always had a very nice time, Good luck with your search.

Hi

That site looks good but is a bit too far west for us. We are looking for an overnight stop between Paris and Pisa, so a couple of hours after the border was looking good. I think we will use the coach/lorry park for the night as there seems to be nothing open.

I have not had a reply from this first site mentioned yet.

Russell

Hi Kontiki

I have had my son in law (native Swiss German speaker) phoning the site I first mentioned and no joy whatsoever. I give up, not likely to be closed for season yet so will try elsewhere. Its in the French speaking part of Switzerland so that may be causing problems, although most Swiss can speak several languages to a more than basic level there are some people who will not try anything other than their own. Apparently that site is about 40 mins from Basel and to quote my SiL "down farm tracks and very rough roads".

Not sure of your route through Switzerland, but there are several sites open in Interlaken if you are heading in that direction. Manor Farm and Alpenblick.

This site seems ok and claims to be open all year and is about 30 mins north of Basel in Germany

www. camping-luginsland. de

seems to be fairly close to the road south and close enough to Basel to do the Christmas markets and food supermarkets before arriving in very expensive Switzerland.

regards, Phil60