Sites With Town Within Walking Distance

goeff

Hi can anyone recommend sites that have a town close by within walking distance - I drive all week and want to be able to park the car up and Reelax!! Have to toddlers 2 and 3 so needs to be buggy friendly - I'm i the North East but will travel anywhere really.

Thanks

Hi can anyone recommend sites that have a town close by within walking distance - I drive all week and want to be able to park the car up and Reelax!! Have to toddlers 2 and 3 so needs to be buggy friendly - I'm i the North East but will travel anywhere really.

Thanks

Hi goeff. The Grange at Durham. A longish walk but nice in good weather,otherwise Park & Ride buses right at the end of the road to the site.

There is also the Barnard Castle site just outside of the town,the older C&CC site.

Edited by TheTravellingRooster

Life in general can be a journey of chance with some winners and sadly some losers. Your outfit can never be left to chance. A short-while carrying out essential checks can ensure a long-time of happy & safe caravanning for all concerned.
Ignorance can often be bliss but is certainly not an excuse and when continually disregarded they can be totally disastrous for oneself and the innocent parties.

Thanks

If you like Cornwall, try the Ayr site in St Ives Ayr

Beautiful sea views, fantastically clean site, very modern toilet block.

Great sandy beach.

Great cornish pasties :rolleyes:

Edited by springtime

CCC Boroughbridge or the CC York.

Russell

Online blog and travels, although sometimes there is a lack of travel due to work!

It's an uncharted sea, it's an unopened door but you've got to reach out and you've got to explore.

Good site in Kington, Herefordshire, run by the local bus company. 5 minute level walk into Kington, a relatively unspoilt littel border town. One of my favourites.

Also try local to you Kewick - Derwentwiter C&CC, or Bowness CC sites. Both easy walk into nice towns, lake side walks. etc.

Devizies C&CC site is good if you like a longer walk - approx 3-4 miles into town along canal path - cafe's on route - Kid friendly pubs within 1 mile walk.

Good site in Kington, Herefordshire, run by the local bus company. 5 minute level walk into Kington, a relatively unspoilt littel border town. One of my favourites.

what is that site called?

I've just been looking at the CC site in Southport which seems walking distance to the marine lakes and front.

We have been to this site for several Christmas breaks. 15 min walk to town or sea front or marine lake. about 400 yds to park and ride if you prefer.

CC Henley on Thames is a short 10-15min stroll from town and on a bus route. If you take a 15 min walk into town and an hour along the river you are back onto the main road bus route for site and town.

CC Broadway in Cotswold area 5 - 10 mins from town.

Thanks

CC site in Bristol is either a walk or a short boat trip away from the city centre.

Bath Marina is close to the centre of Bath.

CC site in Bristol is either a walk or a short boat trip away from the city centre.

Bath Marina is close to the centre of Bath.

The CC Baltic Warf site at Bristol is a very nice,clean & well kept site. It is only a short walk to a fabulous pub on the Dock/Marina. and well within striking distance of the town.

Approaching the site entrance from the NS of your outfit can be a bit tight,it is a right-angle turn that needs a wide sweep with a long twin axle.

There is a local shop close-by if general provisions are needed,milk etc.

Life in general can be a journey of chance with some winners and sadly some losers. Your outfit can never be left to chance. A short-while carrying out essential checks can ensure a long-time of happy & safe caravanning for all concerned.
Ignorance can often be bliss but is certainly not an excuse and when continually disregarded they can be totally disastrous for oneself and the innocent parties.

Two sites at Llanwrst in North Wales, Bodnant and and Bron Derw, both good and on outskirts of nice small market town.

what is that site called?

Fleece Meadow. Here's a link; the site doesn't have a website as far as I know.

http://www. kingtontourist. info/index. php/acc_camp

Here's a few to think about, they are not in the North East but may suit you for a slightly longer trip.

1) Camping Site in Cardiff

2) Caravan Club Site Twksbury,

3) Caravan Club Site Warwick Racecourse

4) Caravan Club Site Tewksbury

5) Caravan Club Site at Fair Oaks Chester, its not near a town as such but there are 3 pubs within a very short walking distance and a designer shopping outlet complete with restaurants, cinema and bus stops for onward travel to Chester or Liverpool

6) Morris Leisure Site in Shrewsbury is right next to a Park and Ride into the City.

M

Hawes, Brown Moor CC site. Simply brilliant. Cirencester too, great little town, but not too keen on the site.

Thingy,

Can I ask why you didn't like Cirencester? We had thought of it for a week in July next year. Is there better in the area?

Thanks

Nicky

Thanks

hi goeff, we have just come back from our 2nd visit to, the poplars site at sewerby http://www. the-poplars. co. uk/, just outside bridlington, great little family friendly site, with a family friendly pub, the martonian, right next door which do'es excellent food at reasonable prices, you can also order for collection, bridlington itself is well within walking distance from the site along a flat scenic cliff top path , flamborough is also with-in walking distance.

hope this helps :D

Edited by oldowl

the greatest benefit for the greatest number

We stayed at The Gart, near Callander last year. Decent site and town was only a short walk ( well, we went on bike )away.

http://www. incallander. co. uk/gart. htm

Oh! Just thought.

CC site at Tewkesbury. Don't think we used the car the entire weekend.

(Warden was a stickler for parking to the peg, though ;) ).

And another. Caerfai Bay at St. David's. Stayed there in 2005 in our tent. I loved it as the beach and the town (city) were both a short hop away. I've heard the site isn't as nice these days, but can't vouch for that.

Edited by FatherTed

Thingy,

Can I ask why you didn't like Cirencester? We had thought of it for a week in July next year. Is there better in the area?

Thanks

Nicky

Sure, the site itself was lovely, its not the site per se. The problem was that there are three (I think its three) schools bordering it, and when we were there, the warden was having problems with hordes of schoolchildren short cutting across the site. Whilst there, we saw Aquarolls being rolled away down the paths and banging into cars, I and three or four more came back to find all the pegs taken out of the awning and it just flapping in the wind. The warden himself admitted that he didnt see it as his job to tackle them and also the headmasters seemed to ignore his complaints. There was no real damage as such, and not intimidating but may have been for older vanners. THe main thing is that we werent talking about one or two kids, but hordes of them.

Back to the site, its situated on the edge of a lovely park and really is very nice. Loads of walking, Cirencester Town is great and lots to see and do nearby. Maybe with a stronger or more proactive warden it could be different again, Im not sure who is there this year. I wouldnt let this put you off, but try and pitch away from the central roadway.

In the north:

1. Rowntree Park in the centre of York (but as it's popular, its difficult to book - also closing for refurbishment from jan 2012 to August-ish 2012)

2. Sea View at Berwick - 15min walk into Berwick

3. CC site at Knaersbrough - 20 min walk into town

4. CC site at Teesside - 20 min walk into Stockton

5 Brown Moor at Hawes - already mentioned previously, but well worth a try. The village of Hawes is a 2min walk, and has a lovely childrens play area, and other attractions.

Hope this helps1