Elddis Xl2000 Hurricane

sgthakeswell

Hi folks

We have just bought one of these and unfortunately it hasn't got a handbook. I have already had an embarassing incident with what I thought was a faulty light fitting that I took back to the dealers, only to be told the "its meant to be like that, that light only works on mains hook up" To prevent this happening again I really need to have a look at the model hand book. If anyone has one they can loan me or even photocopy I will be extremely grateful.

Link below any good ??

Has it got the main interior lights on the wall above the sitting area (only work on mains) and the 12V eyeball spotlights ?

http://www. elddis. co. ..er-handbook. pdf

Thanks for that Barry, it has the 12v eyeball lights and a mains roof light - i can't actually remember if the wall lights are 12v or mains - thats why I'm after a handbook - hoopefully yours will be of use. :-)

Handbooks for each year back to 2000 can be found here

http://www. elddis. co. uk/archives. html

Brian

Thanks Brian - I have already looked at those and for my year they only have the tech specs not the hand book - but thanks for trying.

If yours is the 2000 model, I suspect it will be the same as my 2001 Avante.

The eyeball lights are 12V only and only APPEAR to work from mains (really the mains charger/power supply under the bed is running them at 13. 8V).

Easily checked - try and turn them on without the EHU being connected. Also, look at the bulbs - they are auto bulbs (12V 10W).

Edited by Barry J

• 1 month later...

If yours is the 2000 model, I suspect it will be the same as my 2001 Avante.

The eyeball lights are 12V only and only APPEAR to work from mains (really the mains charger/power supply under the bed is running them at 13. 8V).

Easily checked - try and turn them on without the EHU being connected. Also, look at the bulbs - they are auto bulbs (12V 10W).

Sorry at the delay in replying Barry. The eyeball ights are indeed 12 volts - the light I was refering to is the main roof light above the lounge.

Sorry at the delay in replying Barry. The eyeball ights are indeed 12 volts - the light I was refering to is the main roof light above the lounge.

A lot of people are now modding the eyeball lights to LED's to save battery power. Instead of 10 watt the led's use 2 watts. :)

Ford C-Max and Coachman Festival 380/2 SE 2006    Motto  Carpe Diem

Still trying to find the perfect pitch. ..110 amp Battery+ 65 watt roof mounted Solar and 25 watt Wind Turbine. LED lighting. Status Aerial 315. Loose chattels marked with UV,. Safefill Gas Fitted.