Truma Ultrastore Waterheater 10 Litre Faulty

ian1sam2

hi, all i'm sure there will be lots of posts but its very starange we were using ours yesterday and it worked great and has been for over a week. And then the mains rcd unit tripped and tripped our post on the camp??? strange we thought and on the trip was the water heater the charger and the lights so we tripped the post back on and then the caravan trip switched the mans switch back on and just thought it was still working as when we lifted the cushions up and the boiler was still warm.

SO this morning we turned tap on and guess what no hot water so stripped the bed and had a good look at the ultrastore today, checked the fuse in the mains switch and it had blown so put another fuse in and switched the switch on again and bang had blown again and tripped the water heater rcd and the [post again, so left it at that for now

So what we then did was use it on the gas we have taken the cover off on the outside and the 2nd attempt it lit and has stayed lit all day (as we have never used the heater on gas at all)

So what we are after knowing is what is wrong i have read alot on the interent and alot say its the element or a over heat isloator i can't find one of them but obivously haven't stipped unit down to look at element with having the gas option to.

Or is there something else we can check first before replacing the element also does anyone know what watt the eleemtn is i have seen 450 watt and 800 watt ones i think they were but unsure without taking ours out what watt it is. We have a 2000 bailey ranger 500. 5 if this helps.

thanks one and all for anyhelp you can offer us.

ian and sam.

I'm afraid your element has gone!

There is a choice of two - one is just an element, the other is an element with a separate sensor - you order it by wattage (on a sticker on top of the heater).

Both should be available from your dealer - as it's a common repair - we change a dozen or so each year and always carry them.

Can be a bit of a pain to change (depending where the heater is situated) - but normally a 30mins to 1hr job!

It will 99% be the element failed and shorting to ground.

The 450W element appears to be fitted to units made before 06/2003, the 850W since then. Your unit should say the wattage on it on the label on the top.

It sounds like the element.

I would think you have the 450W one - the straight one without the external thermostat - £50

You could try measuring the resistance between the live and neutral terminals (with the EHU disconnected and the Ultrastore mains switch in the off position) - should be a low resistance on the meter if its okay. If you can't get to it under the bed, you can measure from the back of the mains switch on your control panel.

I wouldn't buy a replacement until you get the old element out and visually ID it.

hi, all i'm sure there will be lots of posts but its very starange we were using ours yesterday and it worked great and has been for over a week. And then the mains rcd unit tripped and tripped our post on the camp??? strange we thought and on the trip was the water heater the charger and the lights so we tripped the post back on and then the caravan trip switched the mans switch back on and just thought it was still working as when we lifted the cushions up and the boiler was still warm.

SO this morning we turned tap on and guess what no hot water so stripped the bed and had a good look at the ultrastore today, checked the fuse in the mains switch and it had blown so put another fuse in and switched the switch on again and bang had blown again and tripped the water heater rcd and the [post again, so left it at that for now

So what we then did was use it on the gas we have taken the cover off on the outside and the 2nd attempt it lit and has stayed lit all day (as we have never used the heater on gas at all)

So what we are after knowing is what is wrong i have read alot on the interent and alot say its the element or a over heat isloator i can't find one of them but obivously haven't stipped unit down to look at element with having the gas option to.

Or is there something else we can check first before replacing the element also does anyone know what watt the eleemtn is i have seen 450 watt and 800 watt ones i think they were but unsure without taking ours out what watt it is. We have a 2000 bailey ranger 500. 5 if this helps.

thanks one and all for anyhelp you can offer us.

ian and sam.

Oh this brings back unhappy memories, we went throught the same problem. After we had the element replaced we turn off the water when not in use

Archived