Reich Mover Reset

Tandem Man

We are out for our first trip in our new Orion with Reich Move Control mover fitted.

We had a slight problem with it which I think is now sorted but during this process I read the instructions and it said there was a "Reset" button somewhere and also somewhere to plug in a cable but it doesn't really say where.

I have looked at the "brain" located under the rear bunks but can't see much evidence of it,can anyone point me in the right direction please.

Ian

The box has four sides and I can assure you the socket and button is on one of them. B)

The socket is very small and the button not much different. Only had to find it once in 5 years you will be pleased to know.

Do you not have a manual? http://www. caravanmoversonline. co. uk/downloads/ReichMoveControlCompactManualEnglish. pdf

Edited by Lefthand Down

Ford C-Max and Coachman Festival 380/2 SE 2006    Motto  Carpe Diem

Still trying to find the perfect pitch. ..110 amp Battery+ 65 watt roof mounted Solar and 25 watt Wind Turbine. LED lighting. Status Aerial 315. Loose chattels marked with UV,. Safefill Gas Fitted.

It's not easy to see, on my control box it's a very small hole near to the jack for the cable which is on the side of the box (which I believe is what you referred to as the 'brain') or the top side. Basically you press the very small button with the point of a pen, paperclip or similar. If you are still struggling let me know and I'll take a photo of my control box tomorrow and show you.

Craig

Edit - if it's not on the side or top then the box must have been fitted upside down :) it's there though, if in doubt remove the cover for the box and you'll see it just switch the isolator off first as you don't want to slip with a screwdriver and short the board.

Edited by CraigD

I had a look at the box but it is fitted under a bunk so you look down on top of it so it is difficult to see around the edges.

I will probably have to return the van to the dealers for a small unrelated problem so I will ask them where it is precisely.

Thanks to those who replied.

Ian

I had mine installed on the wardrobe wall and the reset was on top. :) The wires went out under it to the movers because the wardrobe was over the axle

Still trying to find the perfect pitch. ..110 amp Battery+ 65 watt roof mounted Solar and 25 watt Wind Turbine. LED lighting. Status Aerial 315. Loose chattels marked with UV,. Safefill Gas Fitted.

If you take the lid off the unit under your bunk, ours is held in place with 4 screws from memory, and look inside, you will see the position of the reset switch and where the remote cable plugs in.

Just mark the position on the lid for future ref.

Edited by Griff

Stay safe ~ Griff    :ph34r:

Wheels at the front ~ Green Oval Towing Machine

Wheels at the back ~ 4 of ‘em

If you take the lid off the unit under your bunk, ours is held in place with 4 screws from memory, and look inside, you will see the position of the reset switch and where the remote cable plugs in.

Just mark the position on the lid for future ref.

Yes I will try and remember that.

It was still playing up when we got back to storage so it is going back to the dealers for it looked at and one or two other things.

Ian

Hi Tandem Man.

What exactly was/is the problem?

Had a few weirdos with ours over the years.

Hi Tandem Man.

What exactly was/is the problem?

Had a few weirdos with ours over the years.

Griff,

The problem can be exemplified by what happened when we got back to storage earlier today.

The slot for our van is quite narrow so we decided to park it via the mover.

After a couple of attempts the rollers engaged,went to move the van forward,could hear the movers click on moved an inch then stopped,nothing at all no matter how many times I pressed the buttons on the R/C.

We manoeuvred the van by hand and when we got it half way in my wife suggested trying the movers again,hey presto they worked fine and we parked the van OK.

The same thing happened on site,hit and miss.

I also noticed that when we packed up this morning that only one of the rollers had disengaged from when we arrived,the offside one had been on the tyre all weekend.

Ian

Edited by Tandem Man

Can you confirm the battery is showing a good voltage. If the battery is low on amps it will not work properly at all.

The re-try suggested by your wife may have been partly successful because the battery had recovered slightly from the previous use.

Can you confirm the battery is showing a good voltage. If the battery is low on amps it will not work properly at all.

The re-try suggested by your wife may have been partly successful because the battery had recovered slightly from the previous use.

Yes the battery is showing good voltage.

Ian

Must admit I've had this stop/go lark happen over the years with ours.

Ours is manual engage/disengage.

I did mention it to the Reich guy when I visited their unit to pick up some new rollers.

He said to check that the ariel was upright without anything interfering with it.

The other thing he mentioned was handset range.

I have found that ours is more likely to play up if I stand at the O/S rear corner which is the furthest point from the Ariel.

If I stand alongside where the Ariel is it is never a problem.

Not much use though if need to be at back

Have you swapped the remote batteries with known good ones.

The jury's not back on the problem that I had, see this thread.

Reich returned my handset and control box (they paid postage!), and said they couldn't find a problem with either, but they had to synchronise the two units.

I have only used the van once since then and the mover was absolutely fine, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed, and will update my original post in good time.

Jimbo

In my case 'onewheelonmywagon', both 12v & 9v batteries were good at the time.

One strange situation I could get to happen with my previous van, a Bailey, was that if I left the 12v master switch on in the van (with no actual 12v appliances switched on), the mover would act intermittently every time I tried it.

Found this out accidently when once we had forgotten to switch the 12v master off when we packed up.

Reich could not offer an explanation for this.

All I could think was that as the Reich units were situated right next to the van 12v gubbins was that some sort of field effect was being set up with the 12v switched on which was interfering with the Reich transmissions.

12v off and all would be fine.

Our current van layout is different to the Bailey and I have not been able to replicate the previous problem with this although the above units are a bit further apart now.

All I could think was that as the Reich units were situated right next to the van 12v gubbins was that some sort of field effect was being set up with the 12v switched on which was interfering with the Reich transmissions.

12v off and all would be fine.

That's an interesting observation, I will check mine in future.

The problem I had was that the the handset and control box needed to be "synchronised" EVERY time, not just "reset", before anything would work. Between moves they became unpaired every time.

As I said, the problem seems to be sorted at present, so I don't know what sort of synchronisation Reich did different to what it says in the manual.

Cheers

Jimbo

Check your aerial, mine had broken off short, I could only control

the mover from the battery side where the control box was.

The battery must be fully charged 12. 5v+ I did meet a chap whose

handset appeared not to work, but he was faffing about so much the

handset turned itself off :D

Edited by gumdrop

Must admit I've had this stop/go lark happen over the years with ours.

Ours is manual engage/disengage.

I did mention it to the Reich guy when I visited their unit to pick up some new rollers.

He said to check that the ariel was upright without anything interfering with it.

The other thing he mentioned was handset range.

I have found that ours is more likely to play up if I stand at the O/S rear corner which is the furthest point from the Ariel.

If I stand alongside where the Ariel is it is never a problem.

Not much use though if need to be at back

My Ariel is crushed flat over the box, i have lifted it up a few times, but now fear that it might work harden and break.

As it works fine laid flat, I've decided to leave it there.

Our Reich does seem susceptible to radio interference - possibly from mobile phone masts and the like. On one pitch at Crystal Palace (right underneath the transmitter tower) the mover wouldn't work on radio at all and I had to use the cable connection.

That's a good way to check whether the problem is radio interference as you're eliminating that possibility.

I'm in the pocess of installing a used Reich mover from EBAY. I have a thread going at the moment where I needed to know mwthods of fixing, best location, position of antenna/Aerial, bit of wire whatever. I read one Reich Manual where it suggested you could extend the antenna up to 54 cm, which should allow you to drill a hole through the floor and dangle it outside. I have some knowledge of radio techniques and can honestly say that the best position for an antenna is certainly NOT squashed down on a metal earthed box except in microwave techniques. Extending might be worth a try.

Dave