Tyre Inflator

Apologies I can never find old threads!

I need a new tyre inflator for the caravan (60psi) and this was discussed on the forum recently. I believe a halfords version was mentioned but not sure which one or whether it was mentioned favourably!

What inflator do you recommend?

I have bought one of the All-in-one power packs and it is worth its weight to have on board. 2 x 12v sockets, jump start, 200w inverter, light and tyre pump. 17Ah inbuilt battery.

Ran the telly on the inverter and the sat rec on 12v for about 3 hours last week end out off EHU, if it runs out of juice itself I just connect it to the aux battery in jump start mode and it works fine.

More expensive than just a pump I know but it does so much and no need to connect it to the car to pump up the van tyres. The guage was close enough to my Halfords digital to rely on in an emergency with only 2-3 psi variance.

51CcR5rRcyL._AA300_.jpg

This is what I have-its surprisingly quick for a small unit:

http://www. incarexpress. co. uk/view_product. php?partno=RAC630 (the product is fine, but I have no knowledge of this supplier)

Personally I always aim for the lighest solution, as there is tendency to collect gadgets like this and it all adds up. I can see that HFs unit is useful, but for the intended purpose you've got the car and caravan batteries

I use the Michelin High Power Rapid Inflator http://www. halfords. com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_215808_langId_-1_categoryId_165703 and find it well on top of the job, the guage is pretty accurate and its also quite fast when dealing with 4X4 tyres

51CcR5rRcyL._AA300_.jpg

hello all, i have the "silverline" version of this, very handy bit of kit, but i never load it in the van or car, (welght issue) but i do have a peugeot supplied pump in the car, most new cars have a tyre inflater instead of a spare wheel, hope this helps

i have the ring rac600 and is fairly accurate using a number of guages to check even my tire pressure monitoring system you select the pressure and will atomatically cut off at that presure also has a scrw on connector not the press on type.

http://www. amazon. co. uk/gp/product/B000UPEHJU/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_1?pf_rd_p=103612307&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B002Q560WE&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_r=0DG291P2BC0DRTPHNPEW

This is what I have-its surprisingly quick for a small unit:

http://www. incarexpr. ..p?partno=RAC630 (the product is fine, but I have no knowledge of this supplier)

I also have the Ring RAC 630, from a different supplier, and I can recommend it.

I like the way you screw the connector onto the valve stem - it's much easier than the fiddly lever type connectors.

Jimbo

PS. I need to set the required pressure 2psi higher to get the right result.

Edited by onewheelonmywagon

I use the RAC 600, I have several (two electric one foot pump)

michelin pumps in my scrap box, the one way leaf valves keep

breaking, not available as a spare.

hello all, i have the "silverline" version of this, very handy bit of kit, but i never load it in the van or car, (welght issue) but i do have a peugeot supplied pump in the car, most new cars have a tyre inflater instead of a spare wheel, hope this helps

I would agree it is quite heavy, after all it has a 17Ah Gel battery inside, but as it serves for so many purposes it is quite worth it. Pump is not particularly fast.

Currently £69 in Maplin but they have another, slimmer and taller but otherwise almost the same spec but with digital pressure guage and 2 USB charge ports as well £49

I have a Ring 12-volt heavy duty inflator. It is 23 amp, so has to be used with crocodile clips. Very quick and extremely quiet. It has a 7-metre 'curly' hose, so can easily get around car and van. The connectors are brass, and the adaptor for the tyre valve is screw-on. Got mine from Amazon.

I still use my RACE X Professional pressure gauge as this is more accurate.