Nissan X Trail Bluetooth

ascsbe

Hi. I have just taken delivery of a brand new Tekna X trail. This afternoon I have been trying to set up Bluetooth using the same phone I had used in my Rav4.

The phone has gone through the pairing procedure and all appeared well, however when used in the Rav4 I used to get a voice telling me that a new text message had been rec'd. I am not currently getting this with the X trail. The phone side of the operation is working fine.

Anybody got any ideas?

Thanks

Andrew

Hi. I have just taken delivery of a brand new Tekna X trail. This afternoon I have been trying to set up Bluetooth using the same phone I had used in my Rav4.

The phone has gone through the pairing procedure and all appeared well, however when used in the Rav4 I used to get a voice telling me that a new text message had been rec'd. I am not currently getting this with the X trail. The phone side of the operation is working fine.

Anybody got any ideas?

Thanks

Andrew

mine is a 2008 model,there is no text messaging on mine???

mine is a 2008 model,there is no text messaging on mine???

Thanks Klarky. Newer system on the upgraded model but bit surprised that I got informed of message on Rav4 and not new Xtrail. You could not read message but you knew it was there. Very good system apart from that. Just thought I might have been missing something obvious.

Andrew

Anybody got any ideas?

Thanks

Andrew

Can't help sorry.

apparently the new xtrails have a completely new system, based on a hard drive, and includes post codes.

Try this web site.

http://www. x-trail-uk. co. uk

How do you find the car?

Edited by xtrailman

Can't help sorry.

apparently the new xtrails have a completely new system, based on a hard drive, and includes post codes.

Try this web site.

http://www. x-trail-uk. co. uk

How do you find the car?

Thanks for the link, will have a look. Early days (2) with the car but like it so far. Looks a lot bigger outside than the Rav4 but it is not inside apart from the boot. The Sat Nav system is apparantly a much improved system and still getting use to it, read the manual again and again!!!

Got the Haptic Blue colour.

Andrew

Thanks for the link, will have a look. Early days (2) with the car but like it so far. Looks a lot bigger outside than the Rav4 but it is not inside apart from the boot. The Sat Nav system is apparantly a much improved system and still getting use to it, read the manual again and again!!!

Got the Haptic Blue colour.

Andrew

Yes rear access isn't the best, but the boot is great, I've removed the shelf and drawer, along with the parcel shelf, i now have a very deep boot that swallows all our luggage, the center armrest drops down to accommodate my fishing rods. And i remove one of the seat swabs when towing, gives better access behind the front seats, with the backrest down.

Its coming up for three years now, and the only issue i had was a seat swab that had bubbled up, this was replaced, and the rear view mirror distorts due to a noiseless vibration, its been packed with sponge by the dealer once, needs doing again.

Your version has lower emissions than my model (2009), due to a weight loss and higher gearing, so be prepared to tow in 5th gear allot.

For he Bluetooth but no Nissan specific, I found when looking for my new car that various systems are more compatable with different phones. As an example, on the Volvo website is a table with all the most popular makes and models of phones listed, and tells you, with surprising results, what works and to what degree. I was surprised to find that not all the current crop of Blackberries work with the Volvo system, and of those that do, various parts of the ohone system worked to varying degrees. Eventually, I changed my phone as I find that the later HTC phones were the most compatable. I expect Nissan have a similar list somewhere.

I've got a Pathfinder Tekna and use my iPhone 4 via its bluetooth system as far as I am aware there is no notification of a text message on the system. The only thing that I have noticed that if you have pre-selected a specific ringtone for a specific person/number then the system plays that ringtone instead of the system default tone. Can be a bit of a laugh when it takes a few minutes to realise that its not the radio playing a tune.

Edited by Swiftcopper

For he Bluetooth but no Nissan specific, I found when looking for my new car that various systems are more compatable with different phones. As an example, on the Volvo website is a table with all the most popular makes and models of phones listed, and tells you, with surprising results, what works and to what degree. I was surprised to find that not all the current crop of Blackberries work with the Volvo system, and of those that do, various parts of the ohone system worked to varying degrees. Eventually, I changed my phone as I find that the later HTC phones were the most compatable. I expect Nissan have a similar list somewhere.

Just seen the typos I have made above. I have just attached a USB backup drive and it seems to be affecting my USB keyboard, missing keystokes etc. Just disconnected it and all is well again.

Just seen the typos I have made above. I have just attached a USB backup drive and it seems to be affecting my USB keyboard, missing keystokes etc. Just disconnected it and all is well again.

Thanks for responses. I think that either I was lucky with the Rav4 and the phone was a good match or that the Xtrail system is not designed to inform me of text message arrivals. As long as it is not me missing something obvious I can live with it. Due to change my phone later this month so will have to check with Nissan before I sign up.

Andrew