New Lunar Delta Ti

smiler38

Hi all,

Just been loking around both the 2011 and 2012 Lunar Delta TI models at a local dealer.

Can anyone tell me if the 40ltr underslung tank is winter-proof? Was looking at the underside, and it didn't seem to be lagged or protected in any way.

It would seem a bit of an oversight for a Grade 3 insulated caravan to have such a weak point.

Apart from that, the 2012 looked pretty smart. Finally has all the goodies my 2007 Fleetwood Heritage has. .. ALDE heating, sat connection, CD/DVD player. :)

I have a Clubman with the same underslung water tank

It is not insulated, however it is hard up against the van floor. If you look inside on top of the tank connections, you will see a large blue plate.

This plate covers a large hole down to the controls and the pump. if this were to freeze you would be very cold indeed.

I have been out in winter, last February, and did not experience problems even in heavy frost.

Brian

I have a 2011 Delta Ti which is a fantastic van. I also have never had any freezing issues with the water tank.

Brian I am interested in your post as we have a 2010 Clubman but it has no water tank as is true of 2011 and the new 2012 Clubmans. Was yours specially fitted?

• 4 weeks later...

We went to the NEC on Wednesday but said to the dealer that we could not afford the price of the new TI although we would love one. The sales guy told us that they had a brand new 2011 model that was available at a knock down price and they would offer us £9000 for our current 2005 caravan. It was an exceptionally good deal so we are collecting our new caravan on Monday!

Sometimes I pretend to be normal, but it gets boring so I go back to being me.

Jeep Grand Cherokee Ltd 3. 0L auto

Lunar Delta TI