I Know They Are The Best But....

tinbox

Message added by CT Advertising,

Wandahome LogoWandahome, Knottingley is a well-established family company and has been one of the main UK dealers for touring Coachman Caravans since 1989.

Click here to view Wandahome, Knottingley’s range of caravans, awnings and accessories available in their brand new state of the art showroom.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi tinbox,

Which salesman told you the Pastiche is BEST!!! Look at what you can get for that kind of money. Ebay Hymer S Class £ 19,950-00. Now that is all I'd swap my Hymer SL 545 for. I really can't understand why Caravaners feel they have to prop up ailing UK 'van manufacturers with their hard earned. , there aren't many out there using Rovers to pull'em. Enjoy your caravaning,catch ya later,indoors.

£19500 inc delivery for the Pastiche 2 berth end washroom makes my eyes water. ...

TB

crazy . ...didnt pay much more for my house lol

Where did they get £19,500 from, just took delivery of mine for £15,000 all in.

Yes they are the best of the british vans just by way of build quality, well that is our opinion and everyone has an opinion.

Hope we love it on site as much as we love it on the drive.

Will let you know real soon.

Phil + Jen.

Just got a 2008 Wanderer 13/2 (plated Amara 380/2) in mint condition with 15 months warranty. Lovely van just some electrical issues that need sorting next week but a lot of van for what I paid.

The Coachman is regarded as a better built quality van in the forums I have logged into.

I am no seasoned vanner but did buy my van with quality in mind and did a large amount of ground work before i parted with my hard earned cash.

I have said before everyone has an opinion and everyone is entitled to it!!

If we all agreed they would only build one van.

All I can do is agree with the author.

Hope you enjoy your van as much as we hope to enjoy ours.

Regards!!

Hi,

I have to agree with Phil that in relation to build quality Coachman are better as I had my heart set on either a Bailey or Swift but when you lift up the bed boxes and look inside the cupboards you will see a vast differance in build quality no question. I had never considered a Coachman until I looked into the nitty gritty, collecting a 2011 Pastiche 2 berth on Friday.

Regards, Barry.

Funny how peple who OWN Coachman proclaim them to be the best.

They aren't, fact.

They use the same construction methods as other manufacturers, same wood, same plastics and same shoddy build quality.

With the possible exception of Stealth, if you want "the best" you buy real bespoke caravans. Or foreign.

But dont play the snob factor and say Coachman are, they aren't.

In Consilio Sapienta

tn_gallery_1122_263_6791.jpg

No snob here mate just a working class bloke who checked out loads of vans, checked the guts not just the appearance and spoke to a very wide cross section of seasoned vanners before making the plunge.

My conclusion and together with alot more, is that Coachman are the best in construction and finish in the price range FACT.

What is it you have got that you are obviously not enthralled with.

LOL

. . They use the same construction methods as other manufacturers, same wood, same plastics and same shoddy build quality.

Except that swift at least use wood which is treated, so shouldn't rot if it gets damp!

Oh dear were off again. You have just frightened TINBOX off. He was all chuffed when he wrote that and the right and POLITE answer to his post would be "Oh well done that man and I hope that you have some wonderful times with it". Not to say that he may have paid a bit much for it or that it might not be up to sctratch. You lot really do have to calm down a bit, its just spiteful.

Coachman caravans are not the cheapest but then no caravans are. I have owned Bailey, Eccles, ABI & Avondale caravans in the past & can confirm beyond doubt that the build quality of Coachman is better than any of the above.

I have seen the way both Bailey & Coachman production lines make your caravan & if you want yours produced in less than 3 hours with a PDI nightmare buy a Bailey but if you want it made properly and ready for use when you pick it up get a Coachman.

They aren't, fact.

They use the same construction methods as other manufacturers, same wood, same plastics and same shoddy build quality.

With the possible exception of Stealth, if you want "the best" you buy real bespoke caravans. Or foreign.

Hi Brassneck,

I am no SNOB can't afford to be just an ordinary punter looking for good quality for my hard earned cash. I have no affliation with coachman and have never owned one until tomorrow that is when I pick up the Pastiche. I have traded in a Bailey Senetor 2004 against the Coachman. I just did a lot of looking at vans before I purchased and was intending to buy a Bailey or Swift but was unhappy with the Build quality. I hope my new van will live up to my expectations and that I will not regret my decision.

regards,

Barry.

£19500 inc delivery for the Pastiche 2 berth end washroom makes my eyes water. ...

The list price is high but so is the discount achievable, as I found when haggling a couple of years ago. The discounted prices were about the same as Bailey's - also discounted.

Bry

Coachman vans maybe finished nice, yup agree with that.

But the build quality is the same as other makers.

We can sit here all day and discuss faults from ALL manufacturers. Coachman produced real dogs in the 1st incarnation of the Amara and pastiche with cracking side panels, cracking rear panels, common amongst most. But so do other manufacturers. But they aren't the best, and sorry to burst the bubble of anyone who likes to wander round thinking otherwise.

They are finished nice.

They're construction is on par with others.

Foreign vans are far superior (to all UK vans).

But the best?

No such thing.

In Consilio Sapienta

tn_gallery_1122_263_6791.jpg

We can sit here all day and discuss faults from ALL manufacturers. Coachman produced real dogs in the 1st incarnation of the Amara and pastiche with cracking side panels, cracking rear panels, common amongst most. But so do other manufacturers. But they aren't the best, and sorry to burst the bubble of anyone who likes to wander round thinking otherwise.

They are finished nice.

But the best?

No such thing.

Would be interesting to know what rig you have, as you have not mentioned it, I would assume you are not happy with it?????

They are finished nice.

But the best?

No such thing.

Hi Brassneck,

You are not listening or reading this topic correctly we are talking about build quality using the same products that all the main British Manufactures use. you can put them together the mass produced way or the correct way as Coachman do. Foreign Vans do not impress me at all and I have looked at several.

Barry.

Hi

Coachman are far from best, I have a new Pastiche along with damp and other faults, i hope you have non, because there customer services must be closed, sales are open, but the complaints dept is well and truly not responding, 19. 5k for a new two berth, you have been stung mate, paid 18. 5 for my new Pastiche 4 berth

True, the quality is there, I recently compared it to a new Sterling like for like and unfortunately the coachman was far better in build quality so i will not throw good money after bad,

Just wish they had a decent back up service, i asked them a technical question and got 3 different replies, non were right, finally they conceded, and admitted they made a mistake,

when i eventualy change it won't be a Coachman

The best ? . . Apart from a vanmaster . . Then yes . . After 40 plus years of touring and ownership of major british makers and a couple of continentals my view is they are way ahead of the rest . . . I have mine by accident after my last van an olympus had 11 visits for rectification to plumbing electrics upholstery a creaking body even when stationary a door that wasnt square in the side wall and the final straw staining of the internal walls due to moisture? . . I was stunned . . So after employing a solicitor a full refund was eventually given . The attention to detail and the fit and finish are in a different league to the rest. After my bailey nightmare it appears i was not alone as i see others reporting similar faults. It appears that coachman owners do have much reduced caravan induced stress levels . As it should be. So the best ? Much closer than the mass produced offerings currently being hailed as the way forward. Jt

Coachman Pastiche

Hi

Coachman are far from best, I have a new Pastiche along with damp and other faults, i hope you have non, because there customer services must be closed, sales are open, but the complaints dept is well and truly not responding, 19. 5k for a new two berth, you have been stung mate, paid 18. 5 for my new Pastiche 4 berth

True, the quality is there, I recently compared it to a new Sterling like for like and unfortunately the coachman was far better in build quality so i will not throw good money after bad,

Just wish they had a decent back up service, i asked them a technical question and got 3 different replies, non were right, finally they conceded, and admitted they made a mistake,

when i eventualy change it won't be a Coachman

I have had 2 Coachman caravans via 2 seperate dealers. Both vans were Amara models 2005 450/2 & now 2009 535/4. Only problems have been Dometic fridge + A frame covers on the 450/2 & Thetford fridge & centre front windows on the 535/4. None of the problems relate to build quality.

The Coachman customer service when I approached "Trevor" at Coachman with a query about the ICE on the 450/2 was excellent & the dealer warranty service on both caravans has been outstanding. My local dealer has looked after the warranty work on the 535/4 even though it was purchased from a dealer 150 miles away.

I am sure you will agree that you just cannot fault that?

Edited by David55

We have a 2011 edition 450/2 Coachman on site at the moment and I have to say that the standard of finish is higher than most other British built vans I have seen for a very long time, but in comparrison with the Hobby, Tabbert, TEC, Hymer etc. , the chintz might be better, but I am afraid to say that the remainder of the construction would appear to be several leagues inferior. .............. and as for the length of the 'A' frames, why is it that all UK manufacturers appear to use a chassis which is at least one size too short ??

Over the course of our season to date this year, I have spoken to many owners of British built vans which are difficult to achieve the correct nose weight and which have all been at times pigs to tow, yet when talking to owners of the many mainland European vans we have had here as well, not one of them has experienced any problems with nose weight and every single one has commented that unless they look in their mirrors, they often don't know there is a caravan on the back !!!!!!

They aren't, fact.

True but they are put together with care, and the bits you can'y see without moving something are finished properly.

Who says Coachman are the best quality British caravans---The people who own them.

We have a 2011 edition 450/2 Coachman on site at the moment and I have to say that the standard of finish is higher than most other British built vans I have seen for a very long time, but in comparrison with the Hobby, Tabbert, TEC, Hymer etc. , the chintz might be better, but I am afraid to say that the remainder of the construction would appear to be several leagues inferior. .............. and as for the length of the 'A' frames, why is it that all UK manufacturers appear to use a chassis which is at least one size too short ??

Over the course of our season to date this year, I have spoken to many owners of British built vans which are difficult to achieve the correct nose weight and which have all been at times pigs to tow, yet when talking to owners of the many mainland European vans we have had here as well, not one of them has experienced any problems with nose weight and every single one has commented that unless they look in their mirrors, they often don't know there is a caravan on the back !!!!!!

This business about not knowing a van is on the back without looking in the mirror--What a load of spherical objects!

As for owning a Hobby, Tabbert, TEC, Hymer etc---edited by Wonky

Edited by Wonky
Inflamatory remark

It might be artistic licence to say you dont know its there but. ....I have towed continentals at 30' long with huge A frames and just about every british make in over 40 years but the Coachman I have now is by far and away the best behaved van I have ever towed even when at its max weight. Never ever had an issue with noseweight but then I have used an alko Jockywheel with a guage for a good few years now so I can exactly whats happening as I load it. In comparison my previous Olympus was like towing a medicine ball on a trampoline ! and the only way to get an in anyway usable noseweight was to put stuff that should be in the front lockers in the bathroom. Not ideal.

Jt

Coachman Pastiche

True but they are put together with care, and the bits you can'y see without moving something are finished properly.

Who says Coachman are the best quality British caravans---The people who own them.

This business about not knowing a van is on the back without looking in the mirror--What a load of spherical objects!

As for owning a Hobby, Tabbert, TEC, Hymer etc---edited by Wonky

Hi all,

Got to come in here and offer my twopenneth, I since '78 have owned 2 second Trophy's, 1 new Sprite,1 new Trophy, 2 new Baileys, 1 new Eccles and not a major problem with any of them ( was I lucky or what ! ) Then in 2001 we decided to go " Continental " 5 new T. E. C's, 1 new Geist and now a Hymer Eriba 545SL later I can advise IMO the build quality, robustness and towability of the German makes is far better than what I've seen of UK built 'vans. I've also towed these back from Sassenbourg to Northampton in one hit at speeds well in excess of UK limits and can also advise they tow a dream even empty. Catch ya later,indoors.

BTW. I think " BigJimmy " pinched that bit about longer A frames from one of my earlier threads. LoL!!