Caravan Brake System Conversion

ian1

Hi guys, I currently have a braking system on my outfit which does not have an auto reverse disengage i. e the brakes are applied when i reverse. Is there anything i can exchange to no thae the brakes lock when reversing.

Many thanks for any replies Ian

I don't know if they are still available, but a few years ago the Marston Reverse Master was on the market, this was activated by the car's reversing lights. A pal of mine bought one from the Lucas dealer in either Stoke on Trent or Hanley.

On one of the works trailers I had to tow many years ago there was a "U" shaped spacer which slid over the sliding tube of the overrun brakes to lock it into the unbraked position. It did the job and at the height of the rear view mirror was a sign "BRAKE CLIP?" in reflected script on the front of the trailer to remind you to remove it on the road.

It had to be painted by hand as nobody could print one to read correctly in the mirror.

I don't know if they are still available, but a few years ago the Marston Reverse Master was on the market, this was activated by the car's reversing lights. A pal of mine bought one from the Lucas dealer in either Stoke on Trent or Hanley.

I think you mean the Marwood Reverse Master. I had one on my first (second-hand) caravan which I bought in 1982 and it failed after two reverses. The supplying dealer told me he had sourced one out of the last batch made to replace my faulty one. That was 30 years ago.

There's one mentioned in this post (last one)

http://www. oldclassiccar. co. uk/forum/phpbb/phpBB2/viewtopic. php?p=71285&sid=0d12c95225434dba1d01596363ee0920

Archived