Sign in to follow this  
cymro123

Fridge Question

Does the caravan have to be completely level in order for the fridge to cool properly. All electrical appliances work in the van. It is getting a gas feed as the indicator shows. But does not cool. My van is on a sloping drive. I just thought that this might be hampering the fridge from cooling.

Thanks.

By asking the question it seems that you already know the answer. The van has to be level.

I have found that our van doesn't need to be level.

Our van is usually kept in storage but is brought home the day before we go anywhere to get it all ready.

Our drive is on a slope, and I can plug in the fridge the day before to pre cool it. A few hours later the fridge is down to temperature.

our caravan lives at home with us, she too is on a sloping drive and our fridge won't work on electric or gas, unless the old girl is level

our caravan lives at home with us, she too is on a sloping drive and our fridge won't work on electric or gas, unless the old girl is level

I have found they only need to be level enough that you can sensibly walk inside the caravan. If it is leaning so badly that it is noticeable to you inside, then it is too much.

I have found they only need to be level enough that you can sensibly walk inside the caravan. If it is leaning so badly that it is noticeable to you inside, then it is too much.

our old girl has to be level front to back at least for fridge to work, can't speak for anyone else's can only say what ours is like ;)